Black Pepper Udon with Pork

on
Monday, September 28, 2009
Ok, so thank goodness the pain has subsided. Time for a proper post! Before I go to the cooking part, let me just show some random pictures that's in the camera.


We did some grocery shopping a few days ago. As you can see, his kitchen cabinet is STILL filled with instant noodles because when we shopped, he threw in more instant noodles into the basket -_-


Finally, the fridge's filled. FYI, it was almost empty when I came.


Traces of me: my shoes which actually is a ridiculous amount considering I'm not the one who's staying permanently in the apartment. I have 6 pairs there while the other 3 is Wk's. What can I say? A girl can never have enough of shoes right?


The dressing table in the toilet. As you can see, I basically took most of the area hahaah! Like 90% are my stuffs.

Okie dokie, here comes the Black Pepper Udon with Pork.


Ingredients: Marinated pork (with salt, soy sauce, sugar, corn flour, black pepper and sesame oil), fresh udon, some vege (I used bokchoy), onions and capsicum all sliced. Oh and a packet of Lee Kum Kee's Black Pepper Sauce. Basically, just get any black pepper sauce you can get. Sorry I'm not that geng (yet? lol) can make my own black pepper sauce. Oh also, the amount is based on 2 servings. So just cut down or build up the ingredients according to amount of serving la.


First, heat up some oil and saute the onion.


After the onion has turned slightly brown, throw in the capsicum and saute it too but not as long as the onion.


Throw in the marinated pork and add a little bit of water and fry for a while until all the pork is cooked. Continue adding water bit by bit whenever the pan becomes too dry and stir till the pork is cooked.


Push the pork++ aside, for a space to lightly and quickly fry the vegetables.


When the vege has turned a little softer, toss in the udon. Again, if the pan is too dry, add a little bit of water.


Stir the udon and mix it well with the other ingredients.


Pour in the black pepper sauce and add some water. I used the same packet (Lee Kum Kee) to fill in water after I emptied the sauce into the pan. You can add salt/sugar/pepper to taste but I didn't need to cos 1. The pork is already marinated prior to cooking. 2. The black pepper sauce itself has enough of taste already.


Tadah! Serve it while it's still hot!

You can always use other meat instead of pork like chicken, seafood, beef (which I wouldn't recommend unless you know how to make them tender and not a pain to chew), lamb (same as the beef case) etc.

And for dinner that same day, I made

Bokchoy with bacon (very good combination in my opinion, didn't even have to add salt cos the bacon's really salty by itself) and BBQ Chicken with potatoes and capsicum, which was kind of a failure because it was burnt T_T I forgot that it's barbecue sauce and it burns really easily if it's cooked for too long so I left it in the microwave and didn't check on it and by the time we smelled the stench of something burning, the stuff was already black. The middle and bottom were still edible so I spooned them out otherwise we'd have only vege with our rice for dinner T_T.

Next up,


#208 - Breakfast at the Globe Cafe
#209 - Softlips, best stuff ever
Be First to Post Comment !