Food in Melbourne

on
Thursday, October 15, 2009
First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who shared with me your opinions on my previous post. Thank you sooooo so so so much for taking the time to voice out what you think! It seriously educated me a lot on how to be a better sister! I grew up to be the eldest so most of the time, I didn't have anyone to talk to since my younger siblings couldn't understand much and I didn't realise how I'm putting my past on my own sister by not bothering about her school life! I should have talked with her more about it. I seriously don't want her to go through the kind of shit like having no friends. Seriously, it's the worst feeling ever. And if she cannot even confide to anyone at home, that'll be so sad.

Alright! That aside, let me just continue with some pictures from Melbourne. By the way, I lazy resize la. Sometimes I wonder if you guys prefer the smaller pictures or the full sized one. Let me know if it does bother you.

Breakfast @ Globe Cafe


My chilli corn cakes with avocado, fetta, mint and Tasmanian smoked salmon - Tasted quite... exotic? Dunno if that's the right term. Wasn't bad but wasn't exactly yummy either. Very... strange combination.


Aileen's spinach and horseradish potato hash with poached eggs and hollandaise.


Wk's breakfast jaffle with fried egg, bacon and tomato.

@ Soda Rock Diner which is a really cool place. It's exactly like the diners you see on American TV shows. Like Back to the Future, or Cinderella Story (the one with Hillary Duff).


I think this was the Cheese Burger, which was really nice!


Look, they even have a jukebox on top of each table and mind you, they do work! I think it was about AUD1 for 3 songs. I picked Suga Suga (Archie's theme song), Glenn Miller Big Band's... something which I can't remember. I've been missing in action in uni's Big Band rehearsal that I can't even recall that piece's name. And also another song which I can't remember.


Look at the cheese freakin' oozing out! Mmm...


There's also a pinball machine which Wk played and lost in about 5 minutes HAHAHA. Ok maybe I did exaggerated but I remember he walked back and whined "Cheating one the machine!" HAHAHHA.

@ Maccas


Mighty Angus! How cool is that they even have a website!!! Ohmigoshhhh this was soooo good I'm craving for it right now! Sourdough bun, thick, tender and juicy beef patty, bacon, melted cheese, onion, mayo and zesty relish! *stomach drumming...

Lastly, @ White Tomato, Korean food.


We tried their Spicy Beef Hot Pot but it was toooooooooo oily. Seriously, the whole pot was filled with oil. Putting the oil aside, I actually quite like it. I thought it was quite nice.


Seafood pancake which was yummayyy!

Oh you know, I googled 'white tomato' and guess what popped out?




WTF

Seriously, there are such things as WHITE TOMATOES!??

Crazy. Anyway, from today I won't be updating often cos I'm preparing for my masters audition tape huhuhuhu T________T so, enjoy this video of a compilation of the pictures from my visit to the Tesselaar Tulip Festival! There are too many pictures and I'm just too lazy to upload it here so I figured the best way is to compile them. I do have individual pictures but if you're not my friend in Facebook, then too bad lah don't need to see. But they're not very interesting lah anyway.

bb

Ok bye!

PS I just noticed that all the pictures I put up are food, food and food! Was that all I did in Melbourne? Lol.
Be First to Post Comment !