HELLO LONG TIME NO BLOG! Four months! Four. Freaking. Months! Since the last post. What is wrong with you Ee Von??!
Well, first of all there was work. And...
and...
... and that is all wtf.
Today just felt like a good day to blog for no reason. Dunno what exactly to blog about so just gonna put up some recent pictures taken that's found in my phone.
For Wk's birthday we went to Pacific House in South Yarra. We've been there once and had their mud crab and it was amazing so we went back again to have it. The waiter recommended us the snow crab which was in season and priced slightly cheaper than mud crab. I haven't tried it before so we decided to go with snow crab.
Basically the difference between mud crab and snow crab is, one lives in the mud and the other lives in snow. WTF.
I swear that's what Wk told me when I asked him -.-
So after trying both, personally I still prefer the taste of mud crab as I find that the flesh has a sweeter taste and is less 'stringy', if you know what I mean. Snow crab's flesh is very stringy, tasted clean and fresh. I somehow find more satisfaction eating mud crab than snow crab. Nevertheless I highly recommend both types of crab - they are both good to try out if you haven't had many crabs before. I've eaten a good amount of crabs in Malaysia and seriously, nothing compares. I mean there are good crabs in Malaysia but after having crabs here in Melbourne, nothing as of yet tops it.
So anyway, the crab is priced by weight of course, it was around $ 40ish per pound. I can't remember how much we ate but it was definitely 1 whole crab, and the waiter picked the smallest one because there was only 2 of us eating. We requested to have it cooked with some noodles. We were given a few choices of sauces but I can't remember what they were. We went with XO sauce which wasn't great to be honest. It was quite diluted and thickened with lots of corn flour solution. The crabs were good regardless. As you can see, the crab was HUMONGOUS. It took us 1.5 hours savoring the entire thing, CLEAN. This is probably our first time making sure we scrape and dig out every millimeter of meat from that crab because it's so expensive lol.
Sorry for the sudden change of topic haha.
Was cleaning out my dressing table the other day. I realize I have waaaaaay too many makeup to use. This amount is probably enough to last me my entire life no joke. Like come on, who really needs more than 1 foundation, 10 eye shadows, 3 blushes and a million lipsticks. I actually stopped buying makeup for a while now, maybe a piece or two occasionally but mainly things I've used up and need refill. There are many items I don't use but I feel terrible to throw them out. Maybe I should do like a blogsale.
And I have waaaay to many brushes to be cleaned oh gosh. Hate cleaning brushes. I wish there were disposable brushes or something with a use by date like contact lens. After a week or month, throw it out and open a new one.
On Sunday I visited the dentist and had 2 of my lower wisdom teeth extracted. What you see above was my 'last meal'.
We were at Hardware Societe, a crazy popular breakfast/brunch place in the CBD. They open at 8.30 AM. At 9.00 AM, there was already a line. Seriously people, GO BACK TO BED! Lol.
I had the breakfast special which was the fried brioche with poached rhubarb, spiced praline and citrus mascarpone. I call this the Aussie French Toast. Hardware's fried brioche is da bomb seriously. That piece of brioche was as thick as a Harry Potter book. I couldn't finish it. It was really yummy nonetheless. Wk had something which didn't look very interesting or pretty so I didn't take a picture lol.
Since it was a surgical procedure, I got a week's off work to recover. What do I do?
I paint my nails that's what I did.
I don't usually give a shit about nails. If my nails are painted, it only mean one thing. I was bored. Now that's only plain polish. If my nails have nail art, it means I was REALLY bored.
I have to say having a week off is awesome but sometimes it does get boring.
I looked at the plain beige and it screamed "DRESS US UP!" as though it needed more done. Having absolutely no clue of what to do I started dotting them with dark blue. And regretted =.= I'd rather it plain than the awkward spots. So I left my left hand bare.
And then I was watching a nail tutorial on Youtube and this girl used scotch tape as a stencil to create heart shapes on her nails. I thought that was kinda cute so I tried it. Then for some reason I thought the heart looked a little awkward... like all of a sudden there's a dark blue heart. It felt like I need to use the same blue on another nail so the heart won't stick out like a sore thumb... on my thumb wtf.
And I decided more dots! I very much prefer these smaller dots than the big ones, look more delicate and cute IMO.
Last but not least, I want to say this ice cream is not good lol.
Personally, I don't think salted caramel and chocolate is a good combination because both have very distinctive flavour and putting them together will only envelope each other's awesomeness and not bring them out. The ice cream and salted caramel swirls were good on their own but together, mehh. So for salted caramel fans out there, don't bother. It's so expensive too, btw.
Today just felt like a good day to blog for no reason. Dunno what exactly to blog about so just gonna put up some recent pictures taken that's found in my phone.
For Wk's birthday we went to Pacific House in South Yarra. We've been there once and had their mud crab and it was amazing so we went back again to have it. The waiter recommended us the snow crab which was in season and priced slightly cheaper than mud crab. I haven't tried it before so we decided to go with snow crab.
Basically the difference between mud crab and snow crab is, one lives in the mud and the other lives in snow. WTF.
I swear that's what Wk told me when I asked him -.-
So after trying both, personally I still prefer the taste of mud crab as I find that the flesh has a sweeter taste and is less 'stringy', if you know what I mean. Snow crab's flesh is very stringy, tasted clean and fresh. I somehow find more satisfaction eating mud crab than snow crab. Nevertheless I highly recommend both types of crab - they are both good to try out if you haven't had many crabs before. I've eaten a good amount of crabs in Malaysia and seriously, nothing compares. I mean there are good crabs in Malaysia but after having crabs here in Melbourne, nothing as of yet tops it.
So anyway, the crab is priced by weight of course, it was around $ 40ish per pound. I can't remember how much we ate but it was definitely 1 whole crab, and the waiter picked the smallest one because there was only 2 of us eating. We requested to have it cooked with some noodles. We were given a few choices of sauces but I can't remember what they were. We went with XO sauce which wasn't great to be honest. It was quite diluted and thickened with lots of corn flour solution. The crabs were good regardless. As you can see, the crab was HUMONGOUS. It took us 1.5 hours savoring the entire thing, CLEAN. This is probably our first time making sure we scrape and dig out every millimeter of meat from that crab because it's so expensive lol.
Sorry for the sudden change of topic haha.
Was cleaning out my dressing table the other day. I realize I have waaaaaay too many makeup to use. This amount is probably enough to last me my entire life no joke. Like come on, who really needs more than 1 foundation, 10 eye shadows, 3 blushes and a million lipsticks. I actually stopped buying makeup for a while now, maybe a piece or two occasionally but mainly things I've used up and need refill. There are many items I don't use but I feel terrible to throw them out. Maybe I should do like a blogsale.
And I have waaaay to many brushes to be cleaned oh gosh. Hate cleaning brushes. I wish there were disposable brushes or something with a use by date like contact lens. After a week or month, throw it out and open a new one.
On Sunday I visited the dentist and had 2 of my lower wisdom teeth extracted. What you see above was my 'last meal'.
We were at Hardware Societe, a crazy popular breakfast/brunch place in the CBD. They open at 8.30 AM. At 9.00 AM, there was already a line. Seriously people, GO BACK TO BED! Lol.
I had the breakfast special which was the fried brioche with poached rhubarb, spiced praline and citrus mascarpone. I call this the Aussie French Toast. Hardware's fried brioche is da bomb seriously. That piece of brioche was as thick as a Harry Potter book. I couldn't finish it. It was really yummy nonetheless. Wk had something which didn't look very interesting or pretty so I didn't take a picture lol.
Since it was a surgical procedure, I got a week's off work to recover. What do I do?
I paint my nails that's what I did.
I don't usually give a shit about nails. If my nails are painted, it only mean one thing. I was bored. Now that's only plain polish. If my nails have nail art, it means I was REALLY bored.
I have to say having a week off is awesome but sometimes it does get boring.
I looked at the plain beige and it screamed "DRESS US UP!" as though it needed more done. Having absolutely no clue of what to do I started dotting them with dark blue. And regretted =.= I'd rather it plain than the awkward spots. So I left my left hand bare.
And then I was watching a nail tutorial on Youtube and this girl used scotch tape as a stencil to create heart shapes on her nails. I thought that was kinda cute so I tried it. Then for some reason I thought the heart looked a little awkward... like all of a sudden there's a dark blue heart. It felt like I need to use the same blue on another nail so the heart won't stick out like a sore thumb... on my thumb wtf.
And I decided more dots! I very much prefer these smaller dots than the big ones, look more delicate and cute IMO.
Personally, I don't think salted caramel and chocolate is a good combination because both have very distinctive flavour and putting them together will only envelope each other's awesomeness and not bring them out. The ice cream and salted caramel swirls were good on their own but together, mehh. So for salted caramel fans out there, don't bother. It's so expensive too, btw.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment