I Am Not A Bimbo!

on
Tuesday, September 8, 2009


Just because I like pink does not mean I'm a bimbo okay? Everyone has their own preference on different things. I have different preferences on different things. And a pink hair straightening iron is just something funky from the usual boring black, that's all. As long as they work the same and yet, can provide options in terms of colour, of course I'll choose one that I think looks cooler/funkier/cuter/nicer. So don't get me wrong. I like pink only on certain things. I don't like to wear anything that's pink be it shoes, clothes or even accessories.

I've been wanting to get a straightening iron since forever. My first straightening iron was a Vidal Sassoon and it was so chunky because it first came out like so many years ago. Dad bought it for me during one of my birthdays which I can't remember, probably 15th or 16th. And yes of course, I asked for it. If my dad bought a straightener for me without me requesting, the world is definitely going crazy already.

And I have been swearing by straightening irons ever since.

The only thing is that... most of the time I get really lazy to use it because I have to wait for it to get heated up, slowly straighten my long and crazy lot of hair, and all that shit. It sucks to not have naturally straight hair. My hair's not naturally straight, its more like wavy and sometimes I call it stubborn because the ends just flick to one side and it's really irritating. And it's not easy to straighten them either. I had to do it repetitively and it doesn't promise that the flicked part will stay straight.

That Vidal Sassoon straightening iron is of course broken by now. If it's still working, it would have been about 7 years and that's a crazy long life span for a straightening iron. I'm now using some unknown brand which my sis bought from... can't remember where. And it sucks. It fries my hair and makes my hair really frizzy. My hair gets caught in between sometimes and just gets pulled off. There's not a single time I shed zero strands of hair while using that damn thing.

I also have this stupid, useless Panasonic Curler/Straightener, which does not work too. It takes forever to heat up and doesn't really straighten properly. Even when I used it to curl my hair, my curls go straight within an hour.

Total waste of money =(

Ok enough of my boring stories about straightening irons. All I wanted to say is, I'll be seeing that pink baby (refer to picture above) in Melbourne in less than 2 weeks time! =D And after 2 weeks there, it'll be back with me in Malaysia!!! =D =D

It's a H2D MK4. Got it at a lower price in the Australian Ebay. I personally think Australian Ebay is more trustable if compared to the Malaysian Ebay. Anyhow, I couldn't find any Malaysian seller who has a good straightener like Conair, Babyliss, Remington, GHD etc etc. I heard Sungei Wang has a few shops which sells them but ahhh. I'm totally not bothered to go all the way there and realise that I either 1. cannot afford them 2. cannot find a good brand.

I feel totally insecure with buying from sellers from the US, UK, Canada or any other countries out of Malaysia and Australia. I get really paranoid that the shipping'll be really expensive, or my stuffs won't arrive, or will take ages to arrive.

So since Wk's in Melbourne, I decided to try out the Australian Ebay and found these. Manja-ed my way to it and yay! =D

I heard a lot about the GHD straightening irons. Many claimed it to be the best and all that stuff but I simply cannot afford those. Ok eventhough I'm not paying for it but still. I did a whole lot of research looking for reviews and so far they have all been positive! But its a little scary that some reviews are quite similar so I don't know if they're the same people or maybe could even be the seller himself!

But whatever la. Everything's confirmed and paid so... shut up.

So yup! I can't wait to meet my pink thang hehe!
Be First to Post Comment !