As most of you have already known, I'm already here in Melbourne. I've quitted all my jobs, compressed my life and packed it into about 32kg, said goodbye to everyone, cried buckets of tears, sat in the plane for 8 hours and now, I'm here in a familiar new place with my other half.
I wanted to post pictures but everything in the apartment's all packed as we're preparing to move into another apartment, I can't find the cable to transfer pictures from my camera. Wk's at work right now and I don't want to bother him about this so this will be a picture-less post.
Yesterday on the way to the airport, my grandmother couldn't hold her tears and she was pouring for some time in the car. It seriously broke my heart to see her that way but there was nothing I could do to stop her from crying because she knows I'm leaving her.
At the airport, Esther, Wai Tuck and Sim Mei came to send me off.
I've never mentioned this but when I first went to STAR (my secondary school), Sim Mei was actually the very first friend I made. I went into the class not knowing where I should sit. I saw here and there was an empty seat next to her so naturally I walked over and politely asked if I could sit there and she said yes. I've previously heard about her as we were both from the same primary school (Simpang Lima) but we were at different classes so we didn't know each other. But I heard she was really smart, so I guess before I decided to be seated next to her I did put that into consideration, that I'm sitting next to someone smart and that could be beneficial to my studies somehow hahaha!
Esther was in a different class, but somehow got transfered to the same class as Sim Mei and I during secondary school. Esther again, was from the same primary school as me but we were not in the same class. In fact, I remember seeing her even since kindergarten. She and Sim Mei were from the same class in primary so when she got transfered, Sim Mei introduced her to me. I told her how I remember seeing her in kindergarten and then we just clicked from there.
Technically, I've known these two girls for 11 years already. And counting.
As for Wai Tuck, I don't remember how we got to know each other but we met during Form 6. And he's been my 'kaki' in Klang along with Esther for 6 years now. He's also my rap partner in karaoke :D
When I had to go into the terminal, I said goodbye to everyone. I first told my grandma to take care of herself. When I hugged her I couldn't control myself anymore and I broke down. Seeing this, I guess everyone else broke down too. I then hugged everyone else, including my parents.
I'm sure most of you know I have quite a weird relationship with my parents. Sometimes I bitch about them, sometimes I say how much I love them. We don't communicate much unless we need to talk about serious stuffs.
The last time I hug them was probably when I was really young. 5? 6 or 7 years old? I don't know. And now that I'm giving them a hug, it hit me that I'm hugging them because I'm leaving them already. And I cried even harder. My mom cried. I don't know if my dad did cos I was too emotional to see already.
I'm sorry I forgot to give Cerdwin (my future sister in law) and Wai Tuck a hug. I dunno why I didn't, I'm sorry. I appreciate your presence so much yesterday. And thank you so much for the gift Cerdwin, you really didn't have to. But since you insisted, I told you what I prefered :P Thank you so much! :)
When I was at the waiting gate, I broke down again and while crying, Dr. Nasir (my lecturer in UM) called me and wished me the best. He, as usual, was about to say something lame but when he found out I was crying he went all serious lol. Nikki (one of my violin students) called to wish me too.
When I was in the plane I broke down every once in a while when I had nothing to do and I couldn't sleep. And I took out all the letters and thank you cards I've received and read them. From my students Nikki, Huishan and Zhishan, from Sunwave Music Centre, from Alfa, from Esther. Wth I cried even more especially when I see the word "Teacher Ee Von" but it kept my heart warm knowing how much people loved me and my presence mattered was appreciated all these while. Thank you all of you who gave me all these lovely remembrance, you know who you are!
I held a meetup with my best uni friends - Jian, Chee Wei, Adelle, Michelle and Cheng Choo. Cat was supposed to come but she was busy with her thesis so she couldn't make it. It was really nice meeting everyone once again. We talked about silly things, laughed at silly things like how we stupidly looked at the Apple logo instead of the lens at the back of Adelle's iPhone when the guy was helping us to take a picture using it.
Jian was one of the first few friends I made when I went into UM. He was also my rumoured boyfriend haha! We were close enough for people to think we're actually a couple lol. Adelle was the first friend (apart from my roommates then) I made when I stayed in the hostel. Most of the people there conversed in Mandarin and I couldn't really fit in until I met her and we clicked instantly because we share pretty much the same opinion on everything! Cheng Choo and Chee Wei was from the dance department and I don't remember how we know each other but they too, got along with us super well. Michelle is Adelle sister and of course, was introduced to us through Adelle. She's friendly, nice and witty.
All of them are my favourite people in uni and nobody can take that away.
Then of course there's Cat whom I again, can't remember how we got to know each other and gotten close but I'm thankful and grateful to have her as my friend all these while. We've been through the ups and downs together, played gigs (cheating wan ahahahah), karaoke at the most ridiculous time of the semester, my most favourite times with her are of course in UMSO. It's not the best orchestra but its the people there that made it all worthwhile. People like her, Alfa (my FAVOURITE gay friend haha), and Amy.
Thank you for the earrings Chung Kiap, Yik Chuan (I still prefer to call you this than Albert, sorry! I first know you with that name!), Esther, Sim Mei and Wai Tuck. I wear them everyday now :) Well partly is because I don't own real stuff (as in gold or silver etc) and my ears can only take those so yeah hahaah. The Spongebob plush sleeps with me everyday! Er... it's just a sponge so it can't do much ya know what i mean wtf.
Of course, I wanna thank my parents and my grandma for all the support. Emotionally and financially! Hahah. My mom showered me with luxury again T__T this time she gave me 2 gold bracelets and a designer wallet T________T
Ok this post is going nowhere but I hope I didn't leave out anyone. I know it's not as though I won't see them anymore, but the fact is I don't know when I'll be seeing them again.
I'll be living a new chapter of my life here and I promise to be happy.
Be First to Post Comment !
U no hug me =(
haha..u know,i almost broke down when u started to cry when hugging ur grandma..was trying to look elsewhere to divert my attention..haha..hm,u do take care yea,i kumpul-ing money v esther to go melbourne for vacation =)
wah, i didnt know you going to yeeman there already.. i thought you go melbourne for vacation only... wth, and wow, very hanfook lie... aiya, you forget me liao. probably because this year i didn't to win your money during CNY lo... aih~~
anyhow, dono why i always feel close eventhough close friends of mine are very very far away. eg kenny and jun xue...maybe because i always see them updating in fb and msn ar... so make sure you also be active in fb and msn! you can put food pictures like maggie who always makes me hungry! else i will think that you sat chong like szetho minsoon... lolz
take care o...
hm... know you for about 17 years already i think... tiba-tiba feel like a bit gam dung...
U better be happy there, dear. If not... i will come over n tickle u till u cry of laughter!! Love u lots, and know that we will always miss u. Take care :)
Choo
if you wanna hear our voice, we're just a phone call away.
if you wanna see our face, we're just a skype away.
if you wanna some raba-raba, we're just 8-hour flight away.
will see you soon love. muakss
Someone forget me ald lor!!!! But anyway, all the bast n take care ya...
Chooiyin
Take care eevon, all the best in your life and future undertakings!
all the best with your new life there! felt like crying when i read this too. it is so touching. i am sure things would be fine over there. do take care! =)
Laughing Sir: OMG LAUNGHING SIR! so long didn't see that name ady lol! aiyo sorry! i damn emo that day haha. yay can't wait to see you both!!
wai loon: what are you talking about of course I didn't forget you! my friend since 1 pelangi! yup, 17 yrs! omg... i did msg you to come for a gathering but i think you didn't see/get!
choo: love you too! thanks for making my uni days that much fun :)
Esther: "if you wanna some raba-raba" wtf hahaha! :') eh you got skype onot!!
Chooi Yin: oi i didn't forget you!! :( come to melb and visit me with cat lah!
crystalparadize: thank you mei sann! :)
layyen: thank you so much! :)
Post a Comment