-

on
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Initially I didn't want to break this news in my blog but the stress level has been cummulating up to my neck now I feel really suffocated. I have too many things to do, but too little time.

As some of you may have already known, I'm leaving Malaysia in less than 2 weeks. It's a one way ticket this time. I am going to Melbourne but it's not a holiday and it's not for school. It's to stay there for a good few years until I get a Permanent Resident (PR) Visa from the Australian Government. Because Wei Kiat is putting my name with his, the lawyer said I have to be there before lodging the application, and thereafter while waiting we are required to stay. In other words, I have to leave everything behind. Everything I already have in my fingertips - jobs, car, familiarity, connections, friends and family.

No, I'm not blaming anyone. I just need a place to let a little bit of things out before I explode.

I currently have 5 main things to do: settle things in my dad's shop, settle things in music centres I teach at, have as many lessons as I can with my violin teacher and lastly, spend time with friends/family and lastly pack.

I know I complain about working at my dad's all the time and I should be happy now that I get to get the heck out of here but that doesn't change the fact that he's my dad and if I could I would help him any time. When I told him how soon I had to leave not only did he not sound me for being irresponsible, he showed his concern on what I'm going to do there, financial stability and all the things any dads would naturally do. And I feel really bad but there's nothing I can do about it but to get everything as organized as I can before I leave.

I currently teach at three different places but the good news is that I have already told them my plans of leaving a few years before this (with failed attempts of actually leaving wtf) thankfully all bosses are already prepared. I won't miss being irritated the crap out of myself by parents who complain a lot or students who don't practice, but I would most definitely miss my students. I would miss that rewarding feeling when a student does well whether in an exam or a regular lessons, and I would miss having kiddy conversations with the younger students. Yes, I might be able to live this part of my life again in Melbourne, but the students I would get in Melbourne are not Malaysian. That, is the difference.

Right now, I'm having violin lessons as regularly as I can afford to - as long as I have enough money, and time. I feel really happy that I've finally found a teacher who would help me out unconditionally, with dedication and as much as he can but it's also really sad that I'm tied up with so many other things, I really really really want to try my best to put practicing the violin as my no. 1 priority but I just can't. My teacher advised... or rather requested that I quit working at my dad's for this month and make sure I get myself really really prepared, before approaching educators over there in Melbourne. I agree, but sadly I cannot do it. I want to quit not because I hate working here (eventhough truth is I'm only working because I feel like I owe it to my dad) but because I really want to be prepared. I try my best to practice (I should be instead of blogging but damnit I really cannot stand the stress anymore) but work just takes up more time and there's nothing I can do. I feel really sorry for myself, I feel so guilty to my teacher.

According to my schedule, I'll be out every single night after work not because I'm going to have fun with friends but it's all more work-related things to be done, trying to settle everything until the very last minute. How the heck can I spend more time with my family/friends like this?!

Lastly, it just hit me that I won't have any time at all to pack unless I sleep lesser. If I do, I'll be too exhausted to even practice or work. So the only days I'm left to actually pack, are a Saturday and a Sunday. Notice how it's not plural. How does one pack up her entire life in just 2 days? Once I leave, I don't know when I'll be able to come back. My mind is like a warzone, I don't know where to start from. I don't know what I should and should not bring. I have too much of makeup, books, clothes emotions...

And today's sick tummy plus 4 trips to the toilet is not helping at all.

Just the other day my dad was telling me he might as well sell away my car since nobody is going to drive it anymore. It made total sense, but it also made me really really sad to hear what he had just said. I don't know why. It hit me hard that my parents raised me and gave me everything including that car and then I'm just going to leave them in less than 2 weeks.

I'm sorry this post is getting so fucking emotional and I'm crying right now.
Be First to Post Comment !
Anonymous said...

Be strong babe.... Live life to the fullest..

petite said...

just pack those used the most one,then maybe can ask your friend send the leftover to you via courier service.
just suggestion btw.

chooiyin said...

i started to read your blog since i kenw you few years ago but i think this is the first time i leave a comment to you here.. i feel so ng seh tak when i know you are leaving soon, dunno when are we gonna meet again so i gonna miss you alot... i know you can definitely able to overcome all the problems and adapt yourself well, start up a new life there, all the best, choi ee von!!!

Quay Po Cooks said...

It is understandable that you feel sad to leave your parents but you will be okay. It is so easy to be keep in touch nowadays. Don't worry be happy:D

miChelle said...

I've been following your other blog for a while. I don't know what's happening but this post really moved me. it's difficult to leave everything behind and not feel sad. be strong and have faith. live life to the fullest and remember, persevere! your readers will support you. =)

Anonymous said...

Babe dont worry its not all that bad....if you seriously in need of going back to msia for a holiday they will allow you to go and ur lawyer needs to apply for ur bridging visa to come back to msia for a few weeks. thats fine....

coz im also applying for my pr....dont worry babe...u'll be fine

Sam

~思情燕语~ said...

hmm...cant imagine if m you.. when u get so far away frm d place u raised. evthings u gained, need let go.. some how, u oso starting gain new thinga on new land too. Just promise that u r still who u r no matter how far distance w ur family n frenss..

haha, talking like ah po jor.. but good luck girl...

p.s.: u can choose to sell out or giveaway ur unwanted cosmestic to ur reader like me! wahaha... just jk..

Ping said...

All the best, Ee Von. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. sounds like a rushed decision.. you don't even sound like you really wanna stay in Melbourne for the rest of your life.

Can't he just apply for PR by himself and transfer it if you guys marry? Why lar have to suddenly force u to leave everything behind and go abroad??

allison said...

hey eevon,

we share pretty much something in common. klang girls, with melbourne-staying partners, n this one time of 'taking an unforeseeable risk/chance' away from home.lol i have been thru ur situation. i came to melbourne on a return ticket back to msia, altho in plan was that this time i was flying to marry my now-husband. i was very afraid to leave msia cos i had no idea whats gonna happen after i take flight. but,this was his plan amd he assured me not to worry cos he already have his pr. meaning once we marry we will go and apply for me a spousal visa. all we had to do was approach the australian immigration once we were done with our ROM in melbourne; in order to get a bridging visa to allow my stay for an indefinite time. we managed to set our rom date and went on with it. it was all as planned. i waited for my Temporary Visa to gt approved. it took me 8 mths here doing nothing cos i was not allowed to work til i get my TR. It was during this time i missed everyone n everything back home in msia - cos unlike in msia....over here in melbourne, i got nobody n i am nobody!. i cried almost every now n then cos homesick. i got better in time after i settled in my first job here. im still adepting .... not the easiest of things to do, but im sure u will be ok:)

Ee Von said...

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes!

chooiyin: i miss you!!! :(

3rd anonymous: it isn't a rushed decision, we've been planning it 2 years ago. the issue isn't about whether or not i want to stay in melbourne for the rest of our life, but we're looking at it as our future so we have to stay. i'm feeling sad, so it sounds as though i don't want to come. i want to, but i feel really heavy hearted to leave, which is natural? Yes he could have applied for PR himself, but there are situations which i do not wish to disclose yet so all in all, i need to be here and we need to apply together.

allison: hi allison, thank you for sharing! he doesn't have his pr yet but we're applying together. its a very complicated situation but i hope things will work out fine! i wish for the same for you too!

3rd Anonymous said...

Oh I see..... thx for explaining. Wow. I hope u brought ur violin with u.

If vanessa mae never moved to England from Singapore, she would never be the person she is today.

Go out there n kick some australian ass~!!! ;D

Ee Von said...

of course i did bring my violin! i even wanted to bring my gigantic music stand but it's too heavy. now it's sitting at home without any purpose...

lol. i'll try my best and enjoy the process!