Economical & Just Nice VS Expensive & Perfect

on
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Ok. It's finally decided.

My very kind lecturer agreed to let me use his sound recording devices/softwares so I'm saving money on recording my audition. If any of you have been following my twitter, I mentioned,
"should i choose something 'economical & just nice' or something 'expensive & perfect'?"
I was actually talking about recording my audition. I have been really worried and stressed out with deciding the right way to record my audition. Initially, I thought of using the regular sound recorder and go to one of the practice studios in uni and get it done. Then I realised that the sound quality may not be the best. In fact, it may even turn out to be bad. Then I consulted one of the music major in Uni of Melbounre who happens to found my blog and know my situation, and who very kindly dropped me a message too. She told me it's best to record it in a recording studio. Which at first, seemed like a good option but not until I realised I actually need a recording studio which has a piano.


Being an instrumentalist is not something everyone should be envious of. Do you know how much I had to spend just for this audition? I had to attend violin lessons. Approximately RM 100-120 per lesson. I had to rehearse with my accompanist. RM 100 per hour of rehearsal. And renting a recording studio, I'm not sure of the rates but I heard it can be from RM 100 - 500 (or more?) per hour depending on which studio I go to. And it gets more expensive when I'm using a studio which provides a piano. I need not just "a piano". I actually need "a grand piano", or anything that's equivalent to decent. That again marks up the price.

Sorry I digressed. So, a few days ago I went back to uni to just catch up with Cat and a lecturer and I told him about my situation and he suggested I do it in uni cos there's a recording studio in uni, and it's more 'economical' lol. I didn't think of uni at first even when I knew there is a recording studio with sufficient recording devices/softwares cos the studio is a very small one and there isn't any proper piano in it. The only way to do the recording in uni, is to shift all the devices to one of the studios which has a decent grand piano. And the good news is, he agreed to do so.


=)


So I've chosen the 'economical and just nice' option simply because I think it'll most likely be the same anyway just that I'm paying so much more for a more established and well-facilitated studio. The sound quality probably will be better but seriously, this is only an audition. It's not like I'm producing an album or anything like that.


The schedule is I'll be at uni for the whole day to record this and if all goes well, I'll be applying on Thursday!

Oh before I go, just wanna say I've watched New Moon. Hop on to Esther's blog to read about what I think cos we both share the same thoughts on it. Except that I'm with Team Jacob lol!



Be First to Post Comment !