Now, We Wait.

on
Friday, December 18, 2009
Finally, after half a year of planning on applying to study in Uni of Melbourne, it's finally done yesterday. Something unexpected happened though. When I was waiting for the university's representative to waive the AUD100 assessment fee, I was told that it cannot be waived because my qualifications actually didn't meet the entry requirements. I was on the verge of throwing a fit because I couldn't believe what I heard. I have been preparing this for so long and I have even visited the IDP office more than twice, consulting the people there, telling them the exact course and only after I have spent so much of money and time getting everything ready, they told me I didn't have the right qualifications. Seriously, what the fuck.

I initially read from the website that the Masters in Music Studies only require a Bachelor's Degree in Art majoring in music, which was why I thought I was only eligible for only that course cos the rest require a Bachelor in Music, which is not what I have. It didn't specify exactly how long my course should have been so I took it that I actually qualify? Later on the representative told me that I actually need an Honors year, which means a 4th year of study to qualify myself for it. My degree was only 3 years. And there's no Honors year for it.

After some debating and some clarification, I decided to do the Postgradue Diploma instead. It's equivalent to an Honors year of study so by taking this, I'll be able to do any other Master studies in the future.

And my audition, thank goodness it didn't come out to be a waste of time and money. An audition CD of 30 minutes, which was what I have already prepared, was required so in the end all I had to do was just changing the course I wrote. And the assessment fee was waived too.

But the bad news is, because the closing date for application's Christmas Eve and IDP's next courier service is next Thursday which IS, Christmas Eve, I had to send my application out myself on that day itself. Went to DHL and paid RM170++ for everything and it's that expensive because there's a freakin' CD, my audition CD. Without it, it's only RM70++. KNN!!!

But yeah, application's finally done and now, I'll have to wait till next January or February to get their reply.

I twittered of not wanting to see IDP anymore. I'm taking that back. I hope I'll get to see them again cos the next time I need to see them, is when I actually get accepted.

Be First to Post Comment !