Gimme some Fajitas

on
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
So here's our experience at Las Carretas. No, this is not a food review because I'm not a food reviewer and I'm not gonna try to act like one either. Just a general opinion of the place we celebrated our belated 8th anniversary :) 

One of the music centres I teach in is only 1 or 2 shops away from Las Carretas and needless to say I get to  pass by the Mexican restaurant very frequently. I've always been curious about the restaurant looking at how consistently crowded it is on most nights I walk by. I've even seen people from the royalties (car plate no. 1) visiting too.

So this time around when we (Wk and I) were discussing about where to eat at for our anniversary, I cleverly suggested Las Carretas at Taipan Subang because it's the nearest and there's absolutely no hassle of finding the place or Google maps it.

For drinks, we had the Jumbo (for 2 ppl) margarita. We were also served complimentary nachos and salsa dip.

Benji's Skins for starter - potato skins with pieces of lamb stew, bell pepper and cheese. We both loved these.

Entrees: Fajita and Beef backribs. I'm personally not a fan of Fajitas, no comment on that but the beef backribs were delectable.

For dessert, we had their home made brownies and another glass of single margarita tee hee. The brownies was very good too.



Overall, it is a great restaurant which provides great food, ambience and great service.  Price is a little on the higher side, comparable to Chili's I'd say. The menu overall isn't entirely authentic Mexican, similar to Chili's  which is Texas-Mexican, but slightly more Mexican than Chili's. The people there were very friendly, attentive and generally nice. We requested to use two of their Mexican hats for pictures and they happily allowed us and offered to help us take a picture with it.

It was Wk who wanted to take a picture with the Mexican hats. He was like "Eh look at the Mexican hats! Let's ask if we can take a picture with it on" *proceeds to calling the waitress... Look at his satisfied smile in the picture, I can't stop laughing when I look at it lol.





Lol my face.

Ok getting high from the Margarita. I suck when it comes to alcohol huhuhu T_T

Ok yay to great food :)
Be First to Post Comment !
misscindee said...

hi babe. thx for the follow =) happy anni to you both. mmm* mexican food. my fave dish are enchiladas.

Ee Von said...

you're welcome :) thank you! won't say i'm a fan of mexican food but nachos and salsa are never too much :P

Esther said...

tengok muka mabuh tu (2nd last pic) *goyang kepala*

Ee Von said...

lol muka mabuh yang comel sekali!