Achievements:
1. Embarked on a new journey
I'm talking about moving over to Melbourne. Not sure if it's necessary to call this an achievement. At least I know I've escaped from doing things I'm not happy about and I decided to give my life a change for the price of familiarity.
Thank you all who came for the gatherings/to send me off ♡ That includes you too Cathy Moo! You must be hiding behind someone in one of those pictures hahaha.
Thank you all who came for the gatherings/to send me off ♡ That includes you too Cathy Moo! You must be hiding behind someone in one of those pictures hahaha.
2. Ended long distance relationship
This would most probably be one of the best things achieved this year. It may not seem like a huge accomplishment to others but for Wk and I, we've never been happier.
3. 9 years
On Christmas this year, it's been 9 and half years since we started dating. Gosh... we're so old! :P Hitting the decade omg. I'm so grateful to have met someone I can proudly say I can spend the rest of my life with. Someone who helped and will still help me grow (mentally, not sideways wtf...) and be better, someone who will always be there for me in any situation :)
It's one of the 'must do before I die' which I can now happily tick off!
5. Distinctions
3 of my former violin students achieved Distinction in their violin exams! Well technically the credit goes to their new teacher but as their former teacher, I should be proud of them!
I've never been able to top Wk's score in anything because well, he's a gamer and I'm not so it's only normal that he's better with games. But not these 2 apparently :P
I do realise that all these are actually not that substantial at all to be called achievements :P This post is not meant to be super serious anyway. So what if I haven't really achieved anything great? Life's too short to be whining over achievements.
I've learned to:
1. Cook better
I started being active in the kitchen when I was 15, it was more of a hobby thing but as the years passed, I got lazy and the skills just got rusty. Coming here, I don't have my grandma to cook for me anymore. Eating out is just too expensive. And I'm picky with food in terms of taste so in order to keep up to my standards, I'll have to cook and just learn to cook better. It gives a great sense of satisfaction once you hit the right taste and knowing you cooked it from scratch.
2. Appreciate food
When I was home, I used to not eat whenever I think my grandma's cooking is not tasty and I would choose to eat out even when the food's prepared. I feel so terrible for being such an ungrateful grandaughter :( Having cooked for the past few months myself, I learned to appreciate how valuable everything is not just the food, but the effort to have something served up during dinner.
3. Eat healthy
It probably has to do with being the one cooking. I cook almost everyday that over time, I become more and more conscious about the things I put in my body. But I'm not a hardcore healthy eater. I'm just more aware and I would not find it time wasting to google on information about nutrition of specific foods. Afterall, you are what you eat. That being said, I still eat junk. In moderation of course.
4. Swim
I've always been afraid of water, never known how to swim and always wanted to learn. Fortunately, Wk used to swim when he was a kid and he is a confident swimmer. We go to a community centre 5 minutes walk away from our place to swim every 1-3 weeks depending on our schedule and so far, I'm able to do breaststroke and a little bit of freestyle already!
5. Have self discipline in spending
Don't think there's much to say about this as I constantly mention how things are so expensive here in Melbourne. I used to be so frivolous in spending only because I've never had any serious commitments hahahah. Coming here, there's rent, there's monthly transportation fares, groceries, household, there's the money you need to save up for rainy days, there's bills... of course, there's that irresistable occasional shopping or eating out but I've learned to be more aware of what I actually need, what I only desire and NOT need, and to watch my expenditure closely. Speaking of eating out...
A collage of most of the food I've tired this year. Seems like a lot but most of it are from one same place. Told ya everything's expensive. If I were to eat out so often... pokai man.
and swoon over cute Korean boys lol.
7. Keep in touch
... with my favourite people back in Malaysia. You know who you guys are :)
8. Be vain (as always), capture funny moments and have fun :D
Lol I was trying to depuff my eyes by pressing cold spoon on it.
You never regret the things you do but often, the things you didn't. There are so many things I wish I would have done or done better but I think there's no use living in regret. For the new year, I shall:
1. Get. A. Freaking. Job!
I have no excuse for this honestly. I procrastinate and I'm terribly good at it. Yes I am studying and I am aware that it is not an excuse at all because there's plenty of time for a part time job. Need. To. Get. Resume. Done!
2. Still keep in touch
... with my favourite people of course :)
3. Go home...
... during the holidays hopefully?
4. If I ever get to go home
I will eat and finish my grandma's cooking and never ever say no, I will help her cook, and I will cook for her. I miss my grandma so much :'(
5. Decide
Life has been full of uncertainties ever since I came here. First, it was visa issues. Now... something I don't wish to talk about so publicly. This year, I shall decide.
6. Still have self discipline in spending!
Definitely a must!
7. Blog more!
While looking through my archives, I realise in year 2009 and 2010, I have an average of 100 posts respectively. In 2011, THERE'S LESS THAN 50 HOMG! Oh what has age turned me into T_T Hopefully I'll get back into my blogging mojo and start publishing 10 posts a day hahahah! Of course not. But seriously, I should blog more. There's something about it that relaxes me. It's a good way to reflect on your past or yourself too.
8. Get a haircut, period.
Happy New Year 2012 everyone!
*This post was inspired by a blogger. But I'm pretty sure lots of bloggers would do a year end recap/self reflecting post so... if it sounds familiar, that's why :)
I have no excuse for this honestly. I procrastinate and I'm terribly good at it. Yes I am studying and I am aware that it is not an excuse at all because there's plenty of time for a part time job. Need. To. Get. Resume. Done!
2. Still keep in touch
... with my favourite people of course :)
3. Go home...
... during the holidays hopefully?
4. If I ever get to go home
I will eat and finish my grandma's cooking and never ever say no, I will help her cook, and I will cook for her. I miss my grandma so much :'(
5. Decide
Life has been full of uncertainties ever since I came here. First, it was visa issues. Now... something I don't wish to talk about so publicly. This year, I shall decide.
6. Still have self discipline in spending!
Definitely a must!
7. Blog more!
While looking through my archives, I realise in year 2009 and 2010, I have an average of 100 posts respectively. In 2011, THERE'S LESS THAN 50 HOMG! Oh what has age turned me into T_T Hopefully I'll get back into my blogging mojo and start publishing 10 posts a day hahahah! Of course not. But seriously, I should blog more. There's something about it that relaxes me. It's a good way to reflect on your past or yourself too.
8. Get a haircut, period.
Happy New Year 2012 everyone!
*This post was inspired by a blogger. But I'm pretty sure lots of bloggers would do a year end recap/self reflecting post so... if it sounds familiar, that's why :)






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment