Foodventure: Sichuan, Vietnamese, Asian

on
Friday, May 18, 2012
Sichuan House
I love Sichuan food period. My favourite Sichuan dish by far is this Fish Fragrant Eggplant. So good! The Cumin Pork Ribs are really good as well. There's also another very popular dish, Spicy Fish, its good but I'm not crazy over it. Sichuan food is all about rich, full-bodied flavour using chili and Sichuan Pepper which gives a numbing effect, very addictive!

Dong Ba
Never been to Vietnam, never had Vietnamese food until I came to Melbourne. Some of their popular dishes are noodle soup and rice paper rolls. Their soup are always rich in flavour, noodles are springy, you usually eat it with fresh Asian herbs and bean sprouts. The rice paper rolls are eaten with dipping sauce. Packed with fresh ingredients, its very refreshing. I like how most things are eaten fresh and raw, so healthy! Dong Ba is a place owned by my classmate's relative. I tried their Spicy Beef Noodle (bún bò Huế) and it's really good! It's not chili spice-y, but more lemon grass spice-y. The broth flavour is stronger than the regular pho though.

Red Spice Road
Decided to give this place a try when Beatrice wanted to meet up while she was here for vacation. Oh my their pork belly was heavenly! The other 2 dishes were great too but nothing beats the pork belly! I would so go back just to have it. This place is quite similar to Gingerboy, serves South East Asian cuisine, but it's a lot more casual than Gingerboy (more posh and atas feeling). Guests are seated around communal tables so it's perfect for groups of 2 and above.


Be First to Post Comment !