Oh dear, what has become of this blog?
A grand total of 10 posts last year. I'm getting so good at this ahahaha.
Welcoming 2016 (albeit 2 months late) with another sporadic post! It's almost a year ago when we were at France.
Pont Du Gard, another destination Wk wanted to go to. Had no idea what is it but as a good wife, of course I said ok eheheh.
One of UNESCO's list of World Heritage Sites, it's a 1956 years old Roman aqueduct (a bridge built to convey clean water supply), one of the most famous, one of the best preserved, and the tallest of all 600 that was built.
After reading 3 articles about it this is my best summary, you're welcome. The view across the river was stunning and it was a beautiful day. We should have packed some sandwiches/cold cuts/cheeses, the weather was perfect for a picnic.
How on earth people back in the days (and I mean waaaay back in time) were able to construct this structure?
Timer selfie fail dot com, can't even see the bridge properly haha.
Gardon River
So sunny I had to squint.
The river was beautiful!
Water was clear as crystal.
A botchy take on panoramic view of the Gardon River and Pont du Gard but it was too scenic to not take one.
Ok itu sahaja neeeext!
Annecy is the capital of Haute Savoie, a department of Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region, Manda told us it's beautiful and suggested that we drop by. It was on the way to Chamonix from Pont du Gard so we thought why not. This town is built on waterways. There are many canals in the town itself (from the Thiou River) and for that it's often nicknamed the "Venice of the Alps".
Our hotel was nothing like a chateau but at least we had a bed under a roof and was warm at an acceptable price. It was located within walking distance from all the tourist attractions too.
Kitty found his spot above our car.
Lansi face is lansi.
There was a square near our hotel and this museum. We didn't go in, I think because it's not free LOL.
Lucky for us there was a market in the old part of the town on the morning after we arrived. We spent the day exploring the market and the medieval town.
Cheese everywhere! Cheese is like a staple in this region.
We tried one of these sausages before in one of the hotels we stayed and it's really delicious!
I believe these are nougat?
It's not France if there's no pastry.
Lots of pastry.
And all beautifully presented food.
It's just like any market, but somehow the vibe is so different in a good way.
These strawberries look so unreal, like fake, plastic fruit that people use as decoration in the kitchen! We bought some to try and they were so sweet!
Very crowded, it's amazing how the streets stayed so clean.
And then it was lunch time!
We randomly picked one and ended up with Le Poivrier.
Started off with a soup. I cannot remember for the life of me, what soup it was! In the back of my head I'm thinking chestnut but I'm not sure. It was delicious though. Served with crispy bacon.
For mains I had a steak. Once again I cannot remember what it's served with (that yellow thing). Most likely a pumpkin mash/puree type of thingie. Looks like we also had roasted potatoes as side dish, duh. Oh, they're super generous with their tomatoes wtf.
Wk had the fish, served with some kind of white, creamy sauce.
Over all it was a pleasant meal. I wasn't blown away but didn't feel like I've wasted my calories either. French flavours in general are very delicate. Not necessarily bland, you do get good flavours but all executed very elegantly. Like working harmoniously. You won't taste big, bold flavours, or explosion in your mouth like firecrackers. Rather, it's like stepping into a beautiful garden of Eden.
We continued exploring the town and towards Lake Annecy.
And here is the most beautiful lake ever!
So so beautiful! It looks over the snowy mountains, there's a big park with benches and trees, there's a canal where you can take a boat ride. I realise I didn't take many pictures, that's because we were too busy admiring and appreciating every single bit of Annecy! I can imagine how beautiful it will be if it was spring with warmer weather and blooming flowers and trees with luscious greens.
Dinner was at Restaurant le 7367.
Since it's all almost a year ago, I can barely remember what we actually ate. I vaguely remember bits and pieces but not 100%.
Started off with amuse-bouche (left picture). It was some kind of soup, and a bread stick with stuff on it. Followed by an entree in this glass filled with a few different seafood, an avocado mousse, and a tiny dropper filled with what tasted like soy sauce. YUM.
For mains, I had a rolled fish fillet and Wk had a port fillet I think. And dessert was a trio of different flavoured creme brulee, and a chocolate sphere with a surprise center.
We left with happy tummies :)
We randomly picked one and ended up with Le Poivrier.
Started off with a soup. I cannot remember for the life of me, what soup it was! In the back of my head I'm thinking chestnut but I'm not sure. It was delicious though. Served with crispy bacon.
For mains I had a steak. Once again I cannot remember what it's served with (that yellow thing). Most likely a pumpkin mash/puree type of thingie. Looks like we also had roasted potatoes as side dish, duh. Oh, they're super generous with their tomatoes wtf.
Wk had the fish, served with some kind of white, creamy sauce.
Over all it was a pleasant meal. I wasn't blown away but didn't feel like I've wasted my calories either. French flavours in general are very delicate. Not necessarily bland, you do get good flavours but all executed very elegantly. Like working harmoniously. You won't taste big, bold flavours, or explosion in your mouth like firecrackers. Rather, it's like stepping into a beautiful garden of Eden.
We continued exploring the town and towards Lake Annecy.
And here is the most beautiful lake ever!
This is how crystal clear and clean the lake is:
So so beautiful! It looks over the snowy mountains, there's a big park with benches and trees, there's a canal where you can take a boat ride. I realise I didn't take many pictures, that's because we were too busy admiring and appreciating every single bit of Annecy! I can imagine how beautiful it will be if it was spring with warmer weather and blooming flowers and trees with luscious greens.
Dinner was at Restaurant le 7367.
Since it's all almost a year ago, I can barely remember what we actually ate. I vaguely remember bits and pieces but not 100%.
Started off with amuse-bouche (left picture). It was some kind of soup, and a bread stick with stuff on it. Followed by an entree in this glass filled with a few different seafood, an avocado mousse, and a tiny dropper filled with what tasted like soy sauce. YUM.
For mains, I had a rolled fish fillet and Wk had a port fillet I think. And dessert was a trio of different flavoured creme brulee, and a chocolate sphere with a surprise center.
We left with happy tummies :)
Palais de I'slle, which separates the Thiou river into 2 canals.
That pretty much sums up our lovely time in Annecy!








Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment