Today I noticed how photography is not about the gear. This video really nailed it. I also spent my whole day watching different videos on Skillshare and yet I still feel like I learned nothing. If there is any knowledge I have managed to gather from the videos, it's lighting and composition. I feel like these two go hand in hand. Not that I understood lighting nor composition (I wish!), I just know that if these two elements are off, the photo is basically rubbish. I'll attempt to practice by shooting daily, starting with simple objects I can find in the house. Today's subject is pineapple cakes which I got from Taiwan. Just like Malaysia's pineapple jam tarts and Indonesia's Nastar cookies, it's a pastry with pineapple jam filling. I made use of this slab of stone which was sitting in the corner of our living room collecting dust. I threw in the "tea towel" (it is actually a table runner, I don't have any tea towel) for contrast because everything was looking monochromatic, cold and hard. I noticed how little 'props' I have to compose a decent photo, or perhaps eventually I will get better at making use of what I can find around the house.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment