Baked Sweet Potato

on
Sunday, January 21, 2018
Today I noticed that the addictive umami flavour in potato chips are not that difficult to recreate without the addition of MSG. It all happened when I tried making this baked sweet potato recipe. I did not have the seasoning she used so I went ahead and made one. According to the brand's website, it has garlic, onion, sea salt, and white and black sesame seeds. I used garlic and onion powder but looking closely at the picture of the Trader Joe's seasoning, I think it might have been dried garlic granules and onion flakes. The challenge was knowing the ratio - I eyeballed mine, adjusting the amount of salt by taste. Next time I'll cut my potatoes in halves instead of quarters so that the seasoning and garlic can sit better. Most of my minced garlic ended up on the tray rather than the taters. They also got crisped by the oil, which was actually super tasty.

Be First to Post Comment !