Banana Muffins

on
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Overripe bananas, that's why.

I always have this habit of buying too many fruits and forgetting to eat them before they go bad.

This recipe is so easy and straight-forward that it will stick with me for a while. The one change I've made was using wholemeal Spelt flour instead of white whole wheat flour. I was at the grocer, and the only wholemeal variety they had in stock was Spelt. I wouldn't know how different it would have tasted if I have used white whole wheat flour but wholemeal Spelt is good enough for me. The muffins have an almost bread-like crumb/texture instead of cake-like, which a lot of typical banana bread/muffins tend to have. I'm not sure if it's because of the Spelt or the addition of oatmeal. Either way, I think it's a pleasant texture. 

I keep the baked muffins in the freezer. To reheat, nuke them for 30-40 seconds on high, and they're as good as freshly baked. 



The cake stand is adorable, I know. A good friend with brilliant taste has gifted it to me for one of my birthdays, so I have no idea where it's from.


Be First to Post Comment !