Thank You

on
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Just now while Esther and I were in my car on the way to Aeon, we saw a man on his motorcycle. It caught our sights because he had a kid behind him. That kid was really tiny and was at the back, holding to the man. What's more horrifying was that the kid was not wearing a helmet. And to make things worse, it was raining.

And suddenly I felt so thankful that I'm born with all the luck I can get.

I'm lucky because at least, I have a car to drive around. I'm lucky to be born in this family, being showered with all the love and protection I can get. I'm lucky that I have the money to watch a movie with my friends.

As we passed by that motorcycle, we both were complaining to each other how irresponsible the father was.

Then again, I came home and thought, what if it's because the father had no choice? What if it's because the father couldn't afford another helmet for his kid? What if it's because the father didn't have time the to stop some where and wait for the rain to stop before he continues riding to wherever he was heading to?

Sometimes we tend to complain and judge about other people so much because we simply do not realise that there is more than what meets the eye.

Today I learnt that instead of wasting the time and effort to judge and talk about other people, I should really be grateful and be thankful that I am blessed with a loving family, friends and boyfriend who are always there to provide me shelter, love and protection.

I may not believe in the existence of God, but I believe in karma and I believe I may have been good in the past and that is why, I shall always be blessed with everything I need. I will never complain about my life anymore because I know, I am far more lucky if compared to that little kid who had to hold on to his dad on that motorcycle, under the rain. My life may not be perfect, but it's beautiful when I have so many beautiful people around me to show me about life. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder; beauty to me is there when there's happiness and joy.

And I am really, really thankful for that. I'm thankful for what I have right now, right at this moment.

Be First to Post Comment !