I was told something really shocking a few hours ago. Apparently, my sister has not many friends at school because her classmates think her hair's weird* and they refused to hang out with her. And I can so imagine people jeering and laughing at her hair. Assholes. She has this one friend (might be her ONLY friend), not sure a he or she, who does hang out with her and sometimes, under conditions. That so-called friend made my sis finish his/her homework and 'threaten' her that he/she will not hang out with her if my sis doesn't do his/her homework for him/her.
I was so shocked, I cried. I seriously don't know why. A sense of familiarity perhaps?
Not that I used to be ignored in school because I had funny hair but I do remember not having many friends around. Some days, I walked alone and ate alone during recess. And I also do remember trying really hard to please people just to get more friends. And by pleasing, I mean ways like what my sister's jerk friend did. And I can tell you, if you have not been in situations like that, you can never understand the kind of pain and misery I went through.
Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I really need opinions on how I can help my sis now. Don't tell me to scold her friend because that'll mean losing her probably one and only friend. I was so shocked because I never thought things like this could happen to her because she has always been bubbly even after returning home from school. I found out all about these from my brother. I feel so bad as an older sister now =(
*It's very stiff and big, almost like having volumizing hairspray all over it and the strands are really dry and coarse. And you know all the Chinese schools' super freakin' ridiculous rule that girls must have ear-length short hair, it doesn't help at all because the shorter the hair, the bigger it gets. But seriously, I don't see any problem with that at all, it's not that she's balding or anything.
And just now when she was packing her schoolbag, she realised she left a stack of her homework books in the tuition centre. She probably asked my dad to something about it but instead of helping, he refused to and I think my sis probably asked a few times and got rejected cos after a while, she went on packing while crying really badly. And then, as if the matter's not bad enough, my parents went yelling at her telling her its her own fault and she should bear the responsibilities herself. And then my mom suddenly changed the whole topic and yelled at her about her hair saying it's so stiff and dry because she uses too much shampoo and that she doesn't take care of it.
Like what the fuck??? I am freaking sure you can't find any 9YO out there who actually knows anything about haircare! I myself did not! I'm pretty sure my mom too!
I don't understand why instead of thinking of a way to solve the matter, they prefer yelling and making people feel like total crap.
It's not like my sis has been forgetting to keep her books. It's her freakin' first time! And for goodness sake, it's a whole bunch of her homeworks which she probably needs to submit tomorrow! And again, we all know Chinese schools' super freakin' ridiculous school teachers who spank their kids in whatever shit they do e.g. talking too loudly, talking too much, forgetting to bring books, forgetting to complete homeworks and whatnot.
It's not that she forgot 1 book, 1 subject or 1 homework. She forgot one whole stack! Yes it clearly is her own fault but hello? Have they no pity on a just a 9YO?
If I were to have finished ALL my homework already and still got spanked just because I forgot to bring them to school and my parents would not want to help me no matter how much I begged and how hard I cried, I would totally feel like crap and cry a river too. She is after all, only a 9YO girl.
But yeah, that's my parents. Me and my other siblings were all raised the hard way. Yelling all the way. Which pretty much explains why, we don't really talk to our parents. Unless its the essentials like school fees, allowances and stuffs. Otherwise, pretty much nothing.
I'm not saying I don't love them and they don't love us as their children. I'm just a little heartbroken to see a scenario like this. Its like seeing the past of myself.
But anyway, do leave me your opinion.
I was so shocked, I cried. I seriously don't know why. A sense of familiarity perhaps?
Not that I used to be ignored in school because I had funny hair but I do remember not having many friends around. Some days, I walked alone and ate alone during recess. And I also do remember trying really hard to please people just to get more friends. And by pleasing, I mean ways like what my sister's jerk friend did. And I can tell you, if you have not been in situations like that, you can never understand the kind of pain and misery I went through.
Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I really need opinions on how I can help my sis now. Don't tell me to scold her friend because that'll mean losing her probably one and only friend. I was so shocked because I never thought things like this could happen to her because she has always been bubbly even after returning home from school. I found out all about these from my brother. I feel so bad as an older sister now =(
*It's very stiff and big, almost like having volumizing hairspray all over it and the strands are really dry and coarse. And you know all the Chinese schools' super freakin' ridiculous rule that girls must have ear-length short hair, it doesn't help at all because the shorter the hair, the bigger it gets. But seriously, I don't see any problem with that at all, it's not that she's balding or anything.
And just now when she was packing her schoolbag, she realised she left a stack of her homework books in the tuition centre. She probably asked my dad to something about it but instead of helping, he refused to and I think my sis probably asked a few times and got rejected cos after a while, she went on packing while crying really badly. And then, as if the matter's not bad enough, my parents went yelling at her telling her its her own fault and she should bear the responsibilities herself. And then my mom suddenly changed the whole topic and yelled at her about her hair saying it's so stiff and dry because she uses too much shampoo and that she doesn't take care of it.
Like what the fuck??? I am freaking sure you can't find any 9YO out there who actually knows anything about haircare! I myself did not! I'm pretty sure my mom too!
I don't understand why instead of thinking of a way to solve the matter, they prefer yelling and making people feel like total crap.
It's not like my sis has been forgetting to keep her books. It's her freakin' first time! And for goodness sake, it's a whole bunch of her homeworks which she probably needs to submit tomorrow! And again, we all know Chinese schools' super freakin' ridiculous school teachers who spank their kids in whatever shit they do e.g. talking too loudly, talking too much, forgetting to bring books, forgetting to complete homeworks and whatnot.
It's not that she forgot 1 book, 1 subject or 1 homework. She forgot one whole stack! Yes it clearly is her own fault but hello? Have they no pity on a just a 9YO?
If I were to have finished ALL my homework already and still got spanked just because I forgot to bring them to school and my parents would not want to help me no matter how much I begged and how hard I cried, I would totally feel like crap and cry a river too. She is after all, only a 9YO girl.
But yeah, that's my parents. Me and my other siblings were all raised the hard way. Yelling all the way. Which pretty much explains why, we don't really talk to our parents. Unless its the essentials like school fees, allowances and stuffs. Otherwise, pretty much nothing.
I'm not saying I don't love them and they don't love us as their children. I'm just a little heartbroken to see a scenario like this. Its like seeing the past of myself.
But anyway, do leave me your opinion.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment