So I've finally watched The Time Traveler's Wife and again, I'll have to admit that I totally suck at giving any type of reviews so I'll just put it as simple as it's a great movie which pretty much portrays most, if not everything essential from the book except that, of course, usually people tend to love books over its adaptations, agree? This is definitely not exempted. Still, to me it's a great one.
I even prepared a packet of tissue and not just the normal small packet of face tissue. I brought the big ones, in a big pack. Not on purpose though, I couldn't find any of those small packets in my house so I just grabbed that before leaving the house. It came in handy! It's the pop-up pack kinda tissue where you tear the top of the plastic and pull the tissue out and the next one will come out halfway. I placed it at the handrest in between seats, Esther and I conveniently used the tissue throughout the movie! Hahaha.
To me, the book is a lot more sad. The adaptation is slightly altered, and made to end in a 'happy ending' kinda way. It's actually a lot more tragic in the book and I cried so much harder reading it than watching the movie. Also, I noticed that everything was kind of a rush in the movie but oh well, to make a 500++pages story into a 1.5-2 hours motion picture is definitely not an easy thing! I would say it is quite a well directed movie considering that most of the essential parts in the book are there. Oh. One thing though, I actually expected to see Gomez as a handsome blonde hunk but... he's not haha. Oh oh oh, one more. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't show the scene where an 80++ year old Clare is waiting for Henry who time traveled to the future. I personally think that'd be the perfect way of ending the movie. The ending now is kind of... bleahh. Not bad but because I've read the book, I kinda expected more from it if you know what I mean.
Anyway, to me, I love the movie but I absolutely love the book more.
Ok before clicking 'Publish Post', just wanna show you all my Chinese New Year inspired makeup look.
More pictures on the other blog cos I know I look kinda scary but rest assured I'm not crazy, this is just an entry for a little online contest.
Ok bye!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment