The Time Traveler's Wife

on
Friday, November 13, 2009
The light is changing. Clare stirs, turns toward me, onto her side. I study her face. There are a few faint lines, at the corners of her eyes and mouth, that are the merest suggestion of the beginnings of Clare's face in middle age. I will never see that face of hers, and I regret it bitterly, the face with wich Clare will go on without me, which will never be kissed by me, which will belong to a world that I won't know, except as a memory of Clare's, relegated finally to a definite past.



Reading that part immediately broke me into tears. And not just getting teary and sniffy, I was crying as if I've lost someone or something I adore the most. Also, Henry's letter to Clare where he mentioned how he's seen her in the future when she was an old woman. Omg everything is so beautiful but sad at the same time!

In the early part of this book I wasn't as intrigued cos to me it was just some normal love story going on except that it has a little bit of ridiculous thing which is how it is possible that someone time travels. As I read on I realised it doesn't matter anymore, cos what's more interesting is what happens when he time travels.

I suck at giving reviews but I have to say, this book is very well written. The beginning didn't bore me as much as Life of Pi did but both books are great to me in a different way. Life of Pi is an inspiring book talking about life, The Time Traveler's Wife is a book that breaks your heart and at the same time show you how love can be so beautiful.

Aaaaah wanna watch the movie! I hope it does the book justice.

Crap. My eyes are swollen from all that crying last night.
Be First to Post Comment !