I've finally finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Guess how long I took...
..
..
..
9 months.
Wtf.
Ok I read it on and off of course and I only read a few pages at night, but not every night. And besides, the story moves extremely slowly and kinda repetitively so I've never had the excitement nor anticipation to know the ending. That being said, it's still a good book but not one of my favourites. Not that I've read enough to really favourite anything anyway. It got a little more interesting towards the end.
New book recently added into the reading list is The Notebook, which I just purchased yesterday. I downloaded the movie (yay to piracy lol) when I was in Melbourne and haven't had the time to watch it. Wk watched it already and told me it's good. I figured it'll be more interesting to read the book first since the movie's good because after watching the movie, I usually wouldn't be bothered to read the book anymore.
I was looking at The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (which is also a movie now) and almost purchased it cos there's a 20% off for the Popular Card members but in the end decided not to, need to save money. I got home and realised I actually own the book haha! It was with a different cover of course. I bought it in Melbourne last year and have only read the first few pages before I decided to read others first.
Ok, time to practice. Bye.
..
..
..
9 months.
Wtf.
Ok I read it on and off of course and I only read a few pages at night, but not every night. And besides, the story moves extremely slowly and kinda repetitively so I've never had the excitement nor anticipation to know the ending. That being said, it's still a good book but not one of my favourites. Not that I've read enough to really favourite anything anyway. It got a little more interesting towards the end.
New book recently added into the reading list is The Notebook, which I just purchased yesterday. I downloaded the movie (yay to piracy lol) when I was in Melbourne and haven't had the time to watch it. Wk watched it already and told me it's good. I figured it'll be more interesting to read the book first since the movie's good because after watching the movie, I usually wouldn't be bothered to read the book anymore.
I was looking at The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (which is also a movie now) and almost purchased it cos there's a 20% off for the Popular Card members but in the end decided not to, need to save money. I got home and realised I actually own the book haha! It was with a different cover of course. I bought it in Melbourne last year and have only read the first few pages before I decided to read others first.
Ok, time to practice. Bye.
Be First to Post Comment !
how is the "eat pray love"?
at first quite boring, but towars the middle getting interesting already. very inspiring lor.
wondering should I buy the book or buy mitch albom's new book..
eat pray love is a wonderful book! :) the movie will be out soon.
reading the notebook can get a bit boring, i think if you watch the movie first you might get inspired to pick up the book...
aileen: hrm.. i can't suggest anything cos i don't know much about mitch albom's books! tuesdays with morrie is a good book but not my favourite. since manda says eat pray love is good, maybe you can get that first? :)
chansaire: glad to see you blogging again! i've always loved reading your blog :D ohhhh ok! then i'll go watch first lah
haha, thanks eevon!! :) must crack head to think about what to write about...
Post a Comment