Ekor Ikan

on
Monday, August 2, 2010

I tried to Google Translate "fish tail braid" and it gave me "ikan ekor jalin" WTF -____-

I'm soooooo happy to have managed to do this! It took me about 15 minutes cos this requires a lot more work than the usual braids. I've seen tutorials of this in Youtube so many times and personally have tried doing it a few times but always gave up cos it's so demotivating! The process is really really slow before you can actually see something so I always give up after trying for about 5 minutes, cos I thought I was doing the wrong thing. The mistake I did was of course not having enough of patience haha.

It helps a lot to have longer hair cos with this you need to look into the mirror and see what you're doing. If your hair's short you can't possibly bring them to the front can you? And also it helps if your hair isn't too layered like mine. Look at all the little hair flicking out! So irritating.

The thing I like about this fish tail braid is it's not as chunky looking as the normal braid. And also, after braiding, it doesn't make my hair look shorter than it is, unlike how the normal braids would.

A little practice and lots of patience and you'll be good to go!
Be First to Post Comment !
Anonymous said...

is that your breast?

looks small from this angle

smush said...

wow girl, your hair is so long and thin! :) it's so nicee! i want it! i actually tried to do this before too but after a while i totally forgot how to do fishtails braids... i need to practice again haha

Ee Von said...

Anonymous: yes it is my breast and its size is a subjective matter.

smush: ohh that's because my hair has LOTS of layers so it gets thinner towards the end! thanks :D i LOVE fishtail braid! i hope you're fine... read your recent post. i wanted to leave a comment but somehow couldn't cos your tumblr doesn't have a commenting option?