Busy busy busy! Tomorrow we'll be flying to Gold Coast. Yes I am aware that it's Christmas, sounds like a nice day to fly but apparently not in an angmoh country. Shops and most places will be closed, streets will be quite empty. Not sure what we should do when we arrive in the morning tomorrow.
Good news is I heard that there'll be great discounts on Boxing Day which is the day after Christmas? Hopefully.
Now let's go on with what's experienced so far.
Taking the Puffing Billy, which is a steam train or more fondly known to me as the 'choo choo' train :) Nothing to shout about but it was something worth experiencing. To date, I've never actually taken a steam train before.
We're allowed, or maybe I should say encouraged to sit with our legs hanging out of the window. While it's fun, it actually hurts the backside quite a bit after a while. And also, because the window's exposed, you'll get tiny flecks of burnt coal -burnt to generate the steam- flying into your clothes, face, eyes and basically everywhere. Not very serious but not very pleasant either.
With the super kind and nice conductor :)
There's this yearly thingie called the Suzuki Night Market which started since mid November. It'll be held every Wednesday at Queen Victoria Market till March. Basically you can shop, eat, drink, and be entertained there. There's a huge variety of cuisine from all over the world.
Mini Dutch Pancakes with butter, sugar and maple syrup.
Korean twist potatoes which was such a big hit among the crowd! The queue was crazy.
'Code One' the Victoria Police Band rocking the crowd! Mind you, those are REAL policemen! Do I hear sibeh cool??? They weren't even singing oldies ok, one of the songs performed was Good Charlotte's Like It's Her Birthday and it was pretty good! From what I can tell the policemen are probably 30-50yo.
The crowd just gets more and more massive.
Alright, gotta hit the sack early. Leaving the house at 8 tomorrow.
Have a happy Christmas lovely readers!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment