:)
In case anyone didn't notice, my birthday was 2 days ago. It fell on the exact same day as Wk's convocation, which of course I already knew prior to coming here. I didn't think much before coming here. Like yeah its on the same day the highlight of the day is most likely him and not me and nobody (his family) is going to know it's my birthday, so be it.
Really? Not quite.
On that day, it started out all fine. By the end of the day, I started to feel a little... forgotten. Yes I have gotten lots of wishes on my FB wall, twitter and from 2 ppl personally which btw, thank you all so much for that, it was really lovely. I started to imagine stupid things. Things like if I were to be at home, my family would have bought me a birthday cake and we would all sing the birthday song. I started to think how this year it's going to be the plainest of all birthdays I have ever gone through. Plain and uncelebrated.
No, it's not that I WANTED a birthday cake and a birthday song and everyone wishing me in my face and throw me a party and presents (that would be nice actually :D) but the thought of going through a day without people paying attention to me when it's my birthday... is just weird. I know that sounded damn self-centered and I know people say birthday celebrations are overrated especially when one gets older... but isn't it nice to know that people remember? Isn't it nicer to be treated a little more special on such a day?
After the ceremony, everyone was tired and wanted to stay home and have Dominos delivery. On the way back I joked to Wk that we should put candles on the pizza. He dared me to sing a birthday song myself if he can find candles to do so which of course, I didn't agree to do cos I know that sucker WILL get candles. I can't say I was unhappy or upset or disappointed... but just that tad bit of negativity which I can't quite put my finger at.
During dinner, his dad suddenly wished me happy birthday and gave me a red packet. I was of course speechless and didn't want to accept it but you know how the older people would insist. And then his mom told me she knew about it this morning but almost forgot about it and only got reminded again when she saw 'it'. I asked her what is 'it' that she saw and she turned speechless and awkward lol. I looked at Wk and he smiled and didn't say anything, his dad told me something 'romantic'.
After dinner when I was about to do the dishes, he told me not to and said he'll get it done. And then he took out candles and a cake from the fridge which I did not even notice it being there when I opened the fridge a few times that day to grab stuff.
Brownie and Passionfruit Chocolate Gateau from Le Petit Gâteau
That morning when he went out for his hair appointment I was still asleep like a dead fish. When he got back he stuffed one macaroon into my mouth and told me it's good and he got it when he went to the city. I don't know why I didn't think much of it as in... why would he go all the way to the city just to get 2 macaroons? *shakes head and smile
And then his brother searched for some birthday song in Youtube, I blew the candle and cut the cakes for everyone. The cake was delectable. It's not the same as what I have imagined and how I have always had my birthdays celebrated, but it's definitely not the plainest :)
That night I was so touched I looked into Wk's eyes and cried.
Be First to Post Comment !
awwww that is so sweeeet :) happy belated birthday btw :)
so sweet! sorry didn't wish you personally :(
dont bluff, you damn self-centered k. hahahhaha. and that knife wtf la. like to murder the cake only, luckily you're not holding it in the picture. lol
and congratulations, Architect Low! hehhe
chris: thank you chris! :)
Esther: aiyoo nvm lah! hahahaha ya i saw that knife too! but cannot crop if not later the picture cacat lol. Wk says thank you!
Post a Comment