Hello from Melbourne!

on
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Ok so everyone has been bugging me for updates so here it is!

Ok la not literally everyone but I know some of you lovely readers are missing me already right right riiiiiightt :P

So I'm currently in Melbourne right now and I've accumulated a few pictures of over a week since arriving.

Lunch @ Issus Cafe

The food took quite a while to arrive but atmosphere, service and food were ok. We had a risotto (which Wk's dad said looks like crap and refused to try lol), carbonara penne and some spaghetti which I forgot with what sauce. We wanted to have some French crepes but the place was full. I still haven't tried the said French crepes :( 

 Night scene along Yarra River @ Crown

Fire display/Gas brigades @ Crown

Greek dinner @ Stalactite

Stalactite opens for 24 hours and serves Greek food. It's famous for their dips and giros souvlakis.  There were 6 of us so its not so practical to order too many souvlakis (serving's too big and you don't get to try much) so we had the mixed giro platter of lamb and chicken, Greek salad and mixed dips with pita bread. That way we get to roll our own souvlaki and at the same time try their dips.

@ Docklands




Seafood market @ Springvale

That stuff on the left's fresh and alive abalone! Eww. And yes, the lobsters too.


 GYU TAN DON!!!!!!!!! :))))

Bought this super cute connector ring for AUD15. Expensive but I sibeh loike it :D

The bakeries over here are craaazy. Exaggerated but real!

Luna Park @ St. Kilda - a type of amusement park in Australia. Of course, it's a smaller scale one if compared to the ones in Gold Coast.

@ St. Kilda

I don't know what this place's called cos I know we were around the St. Kilda Beach but from this picture we're it looks more like we're on a pier... or some kinda harbour. But the waters connect to the beach so... I dunno.

Never, ever ever ever wear like this to the beach in Melbourne. If you must, remember to bring a pair of tights and extra sweater/jacket along.

I tell you the weather on the day we were there was a complete bitch. The morning was pretty chilly already I'd say about 15-18 degrees. Then it started to rain heavily when we were at Luna Park. We walked towards the pier area when the rain stopped. The sun came out for a while and it was nice and warm. Only FOR A WHILE. Then it was cold again. When we were walking on the piers the sea breeze was killing me already. And then it started to rain heavily AGAIN! And then after about 20 minutes it stopped but it was still cold. When we reached the end of the pier, the sun was out. It's warm. When we walked towards the beach, it rained AGAIN omfg. And then it stopped. And then the sun came out and it was really really warm where the sun hits, but chilly where it doesn't.

Summer in Melbourne = 4 freaking seasons wth

In the night when we were out for dinner, I wore tights underneath my shorts, and switched from sweater to a thick, winter jacket wtf. 

Ok that's it for the adventure so far. I promise I'll update as often as possible! Love you if you're still reading ~x
Be First to Post Comment !
Gypsy On The Move said...

MORE picz plz!! =P
Hope you're enjoying yourself there!

Ee Von said...

I am! Merry Christmas Shin Dhee!