Tong tong tong chiang!

on
Monday, January 31, 2011
Bored!

I shouldn't be cos I have a shitload of things to do but I have not felt bothered to get anything done so I shall blog now.

Major change in my life? What else... my hair of course. People who follow me on Twitter or are friends with me on Facebook will know that I have turned from brunette to...

... a redhead!


I posted this picture in my Facebook and Kin Wai asked, "why the lala pose" and I answered "lala hair colour of course must do lala pose"

No offence and please don't perasan, I'm not generalizing redheads as 'lala', it's just a joke. Everyone's definition of a 'lala' is different so don't get too sensitive.

When I first saw Mustardqueen's new hairdo it instantly made me want to go get my hair done. I've been wanting to dye my hair red since forever (no, I'm not saying this only to justify myself just incase anybody thinks I'm trying to 'copy' Mustardqueen, it's a fact) but everytime I'm in a salon deciding on what colour I should dye my hair, the hairstylist will persuade me to not go for red saying it will fade very very quickly and once it fades it won't look nice, the colour isn't versatile blablablaaaa.

Her pictures inspired me so much that I didn't want to give a shit anymore. Do it now or never, how many youths does a woman have, right? And if another hairstylist ever suggests me to do otherwise, to hell with it. 

I went to the same place she did (Wenawave @ Times Square) and I'm glad I did, the stylist didn't comment on a single thing about my decision. Of course she did tell me it will fade quickly which I do not blame her because it's just how the dye and Asian hair work. Once I said "Ok, do it" she told me "You're gonna look like Rihanna".

They use L'oreal and I'm not sure which one I picked, it was either a shade from the Majirouge  or the Majirouge Mix+ series. I didn't expect the colour to turn out soooo vibrant even without bleaching! Well honestly, I wanted something different, not just a burgundy or a mahogany but something... different. And this is exactly what I wanted! But for a day or two I was too afraid to show the big change to the world I wore a cap around -.-

By now, the colour has already faded slightly. It's still red, but not as vibrant. Each time I shampoo, the foam turns pink. I see water with red tint running down my hair. It stains my towel and when I'm not careful, my wet hair will stain my clothes! Well, I'm not complaining since this was what I wanted. I just wanna share a little bit of info just incase anyone out there wanna do this this, at least you're prepared.

I paid RM 220 for my length (it's over my boobies) and RM 95 for the treatment. The place is quite small and  busy so I suggest making an appointment before going. The creative director (whom I consulted) is Yen but the one who did my hair was another stylist.

Now I need to scratch my head and think of what to do once my hair grows out. I can actually see a little bit of regrowth already :(
Be First to Post Comment !