It has been... *counts with fingers*... half a decade since I last stepped into school to study. If any of you are still schooling, please appreciate it and have all the fun you can there because you will miss it when you're done with it I can promise you.
Be a rebel now or you'll never have the chance to because when you grow up, it's not the things you did which you often regret but the things that you didn't.
I didn't obey all school rules and I've never regretted one single bit doing so. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, as long as it makes me happy, why not? I did all I can and I want so I'm proud to say I've had a happy school life :)
My best advice to school-goers is, choose who you befriend with wisely because they are the ones who will reflect most of your life. Real talk. Be yourself and never try to fit in. If they cannot take you for who you are, leave. Don't let others influence and affect your thinking. If you think it's wrong, do not be afraid to repel. If that costs you friendship, so be it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having no friends, but it's absolutely wrong to let friends take control of your actions.
I've lived my life being a very reserved person most of the time, I don't and I can't anyway, talk much to people I'm not familiar with. So what? Nothing bad comes out of it... except for the awkward silent moments when you don't know what to say to the new friend.
Ok ok... suddenly become Doctor School Advice pulak lol.
***
On the 2nd day of our road trip we headed towards Philip Island and dropped by a couple of places before arriving at the Penguin Parade. During summer in Melbourne the sun sets at around 9pm, and that's usually the time when the penguins will come onto shores and march towards their burrows.
First stop was the Maru Koala Park.
It may look fun feeding the kangaroos but actually they're quite filthy. Almost every ground has their poop. You see that brown small 'balls' on the floor in the picture? Yup, that's it. And I don't know what's wrong with the kangaroos the way they eat it felt like they haven't eaten for years. Not just this time but every time. And they have 'claws' so I had to make sure my hand was at a suitable height so the kangaroos won't have to reach for it and have their claws scratch me. Eww.
Of course, there're koalas too but all they do is sleep sleep sleep eat and sleep. They're only active at night so nothing much too see during the day. Also because they are soooo fragile (and maybe endangered? I dunno) they're usually kept too far and high within human's reach. We couldn't even cuddle them :( I think need to pay to do so.
That's the bridge to get into Philip Island
The Seal Rocks, where you need to PAY AUD2 to use the binoculars to see the seals. Unfortunately there weren't any... or maybe there was but I was too kiamsiap to pay to see.
There were penguins even around the place we view the Seal Rocks!
A close shot of it.
Damn hard to get a picture of it ok.
And then we went to the Penguin Parade which there after, photography was disallowed so no pictures of the cute flightless birds parading onto the shores into their burrows.
This was my second time visiting the Penguin Parade. The first was during winter in 2007. We paid for a day tour and because it's winter the sun set at 5-6pm, everything was quite rushed. After the watching the penguins we had to rush back because otherwise it'll be too dark and too late.
I enjoyed it a lot more this time because it's not as cold and we get to do everything at our own pace. We left the house at about 9.30am and we managed to cover 5 places.
I highly suggest renting a car and driving up there. Its far more relaxing and comfortable cos obviously you're traveling with lesser people and they are people you personally know. Of course, you'll miss having a tour guide telling you stories. With GPS and Google Maps, it's not difficult to navigate around by yourself. We bought the 3 parks pass which includes the Churchill Island Heritage Farm, Koala Conservation Centre and the Penguin Parade, it's obviously more worth it. Just be sure to find out when's the right time to be at the Penguin Parade because the earlier you are, the better seats you get to view the penguins.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment