What an apt tagline I must say!
Visited LuxBite which is this cafe at South Yarra very well known for its desserts and macarons. It was lunchtime and we were starving. Fortunately they serve breakfast/brunch/lunch too. I had the Toastie, which is this toast with super damn a lot of kuaci... er I mean.. pumpkin seeds omg the crunch. With bacon (mmm so smoky), eggs, gruyere and tomato relish which was really really good.
For drinks I saw this tea thingie in some website and thought it was really cute so I ordered one because I wanted to see how it looks like. The tea bag is so cute!
If you think it's not cute you are lying!
I also very smartly remember the person who blogged about the tea, she didn't know the tea bag served in the cup is supposed to be transferred into the teapot of hot water and instead she had it in her cup all the time. So of course I transferred mine into the pot ;-)
And then of course we had to have their desserts and macarons.
This one is called the Monster Meringue. Not a pretty name but it sure does look a little horn-y. Tasted pretty good. I love the mix of slightly sweet meringue and slightly sour berries mousse inside.
We had 3 macarons: Vanilla Creme Brulee which tasted VERY buttery but quite awesome, Salted Caramel which was a letdown and Kaya Toast... yes Kaya Toast I'm serious. It actually tasted like Kaya but not my cup of tea, too sweet.
Then we decided to order another because we a lot of people ordering it too lol. This... I actually can't remember what it's called. But it has coconut macarons, caramelised banana, pandan cream and... one more thing but I can't remember. This one's really sweet too but I really like it especially the bottom layer of macaron which has that thin layer of banana caramel. When mixed with the coconut macaron, it created this awesome almost sweet, nutty taste. I couldn't care for the pandan cream... tasted quite odd.
They also have this tea set for 2 where you're served with 2 desserts of your choice, 4 macarons, 4 assorted finger sandwiches and coffee or tea each for AUD 21. That's a pretty good deal! Will definitely go there to try the other flavours of macarons and other desserts.
I really love the Toastie for a start. It's a good portion and the taste was just satisfying. I want to learn to make toast like that! Judging from what we had, the desserts and macarons were pretty and good. I wouldn't exactly say they're mind blowing good, but they did taste and look good. It's like being a kid in a little candy shop with so many different candies and you want to try each and every colour because they all look yummy and you're curious.






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment