Two roads diverged in a yellow wood

on
Friday, May 6, 2011
When I was in Form 4, I was introduced to English Literature where I learned one of my first few poems.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;
 

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,
 

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
 

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference


The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Right now, there's nothing else I can relate to better than this poem.
Be First to Post Comment !
Esther said...

take the one less travelled and make a difference!

i always believe that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. just keep moving forward. hugs

~思情燕语~ said...

deep deep deep

Ee Von said...

Est: i think i'm taking one that's less travelled, but dunno if it'll make a better difference! :/ but anything is definitely better than looking back. thanks <3

Jenn: haha, this poem isn't that difficult really. it's about making decisions in life.