18/4/11 - Baked fish and vege with potato salad
There was this cafe my family used to really love going, Danny and Partners. Its a very small cafe serving good old Malaysian-ised western food like Fish n' Chips and Chicken Chops which tasted quite good at a reasonably cheap price. When my parents discovered it we would go there almost every weekend and I remember I loved their potato salad the most. I'm not sure but I think it was during one of the school holidays, one of my classmates back in secondary school worked there as a kitchen helper and that was how I got the recipe to their potato salad which I've been holding on to and making all these while.
Shameful as it may sound but honestly, lots of people love it :) I'll share the recipe if anyone's interested, or to make things more interesting I may just make a video tutorial of it one day! Haha, we'll see.
Of course, all the credits go to the guys in Danny and Partners who invented this delightful salad, and my former classmate Ian Kirk who shared this recipe with me. Well technically if I remember correctly I was quite persistent and it would have been really awkward to refuse me hahah. Unfortunately, I don't think Danny and Partners still exist. The last time I went there, the food wasn't as good (even the potato salad, yes, sadly) for the price. The last I heard, they were gone already.
---
Now cooking aside, I've been busy with applications. I'm enrolled in a school and I'm in the process of applying for my student visa. I don't feel like spilling more info so this would be it.
I'm not studying anything related to music. Not yet. This is just a transition period which I need to go through. I still love music but now is not the time and I don't want to push it because I don't think it'll turn out right if I push it.
As for what I'm going to study, it'll remain unknown for now because I know some people are going to judge. Everybody judges, I judge, you judge, admit it. I know people will tell me don't care about what others think but in my opinion that's complete bullshit. There certainly is a part of me which does mind what people think and I don't need those negativity right now. Those who know, I told them because I know they won't judge me.
This definitely isn't something I've expected or planned to do so I'm definitely scared.
---
I've been watching Supernatural and omg Dean is so hawt. And Masterchef is DA BOMB. And Glee... is still annoying as ever.
Now cooking aside, I've been busy with applications. I'm enrolled in a school and I'm in the process of applying for my student visa. I don't feel like spilling more info so this would be it.
I'm not studying anything related to music. Not yet. This is just a transition period which I need to go through. I still love music but now is not the time and I don't want to push it because I don't think it'll turn out right if I push it.
As for what I'm going to study, it'll remain unknown for now because I know some people are going to judge. Everybody judges, I judge, you judge, admit it. I know people will tell me don't care about what others think but in my opinion that's complete bullshit. There certainly is a part of me which does mind what people think and I don't need those negativity right now. Those who know, I told them because I know they won't judge me.
This definitely isn't something I've expected or planned to do so I'm definitely scared.
---
I've been watching Supernatural and omg Dean is so hawt. And Masterchef is DA BOMB. And Glee... is still annoying as ever.

Be First to Post Comment !
i want that potato salad recipe! tq *persistent* :D
omg I LOOOVVEEEE the potato salad in Danny's.. It changed name to In & Out or something but the food wasn't good anymore hence kinda stopped going there. If you could share the potato salad please... ^^
But I recently tried adding horseradish sauce to potato salad it's good. Favourite potato salad atm is a combination of purple potato, horseradish, japanese mayo, onions, dill, hard boiled egg and dried cranberries. :)
Esther: haha that wasn't how i did it. i was like "hey! can i have the potato salad recipe??" takkan he say no right hahahah. ok i'll post it next.
Swee San: Waahh your salad sounds delicious! probably even more delicious than danny's cos that one uses really really basic stuff only! but i'll put up one, hope to see yours too!
Post a Comment