Oh. My. God.
First, I was shocked to see an unusual high amount of hits in my blog for yesterday. Then I checked on the referals and found this link to this forum thingie. It all started with this:
And then someone replied:
If you're curious, it's this post he's talking about.
Seriously, when I saw the word "break up with her instead" I went "WTF?" straight.
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion so of course I will STFU.
This dude, or maybe girl, talked as if he/she knows me when clearly he/she doesn't.
It is definitely true, I miss home. Come on, who will not?? Do I enjoy missing home? Of course not. But do I enjoy being here? Well when I don't face shits like financial issues or uncertainties, of course I do! Isn't that the same for everyone?
All our years spent apart, Wk and I, we were looking forward to this day. We were planning and planning and planning. We have been together for almost 9 years now, we were in LDR for about 4 years before I came here. LDR is difficult but it's not impossible and it's not a complete pain in the butt if you and your partner stay strong. LDR to me wasn't a trouble, but a challenge. Trust me, when you can pull it through, it is the most rewarding feeling ever.
I don't think anybody knows what exactly I am going through, how exactly I feel, but myself. And of course, Wk. If there's one thing I need to say, it'd be I am happy to be here and yes, sometimes I do question myself if coming here was the right choice. If I'm happy, I'd say yes, it is the right choice. Not to say I wasn't happy being in M'sia but in life, you need to have some kind of objective, some kind of goals you want to achieve. I don't know what's my goal in the future yet but just 1 or 2 years ago, it's to end LDR and not live life like a routine. Today, I'm glad I've achieved it.
Seriously I'm amused, or rather amazed how people can just come up with their own conclusion or judgement about another person by only reading their blog. Do you really think I share/talk about every single bit of my life here in my blog? I wish people can understand the fact that they can read my blog, but they can't read my mind.
I know that dude didn't mean anything by linking my blog post and thinking that way about me but I still feel the need to clear things up. Coming here wasn't a rushed decision, it was planned for years. We knew it's going to happen this year. I didn't want to mention it in my blog because everytime I break a news about a future plan I'm excited about, it always never happen. It sounds crazy and ridiculous but I do believe it'll jinx it so I kept quiet.


Be First to Post Comment !
what can i say? OOOOiii,don't simply judge a book by the cover!!! Read the book!!!
Hi, I was the one who posted your blog on that forum. I have deleted the link I posted and everything I wrote.
I do apologize for using your blog as an example to give advices to that poster regarding his aussie situation, I really didn't mean to insult you in any way.
I guess I myself had a really bad experience with LDR, and really, everything I wrote was a projection of my own misery.
It was shallow of me to assume things and you are completely correct that just reading your blog isn't a fair representation of your true feelings and life.
Once again, I am sorry, and the links have been deleted. Looking at the bright side, I'm glad that my stupidity inspired you to write this entry.
I think it is a beautiful thing to hold on to a relationship so long for 9 years despite 4 years of LDR, and migrating to a completely new environment, leaving everything behind to be with the one you love.... I couldn't do it.
Hi, I was the one who posted your blog on that forum. I have deleted the link I posted and everything I wrote.
I do apologize for using your blog as an example to give advices to that poster regarding his relationship, I really didn't mean to insult you in any way.
I guess I myself had a really bad experience with LDR, and really everything I wrote was a projection of my own misery.
It was shallow of me to assume things and you are completely correct that just reading your blog isn't a fair representation of your true feelings and life.
Once again, I am sorry, and the links have been deleted.
On the bright side, I'm glad my stupidity made u write this entry. I think it's beautiful that you held on for 9 years despite 4 years of LDR, and even migrated overseas, left everything behind to be with the one you love. I could never do it. May you find happiness in your future endeavors.
Jenn: haha good one :)
Anonymous: You didn't have to change your name to "Idiot", honestly I'm not angry at you or anything. This post is here because I feel the need to clear things up. So really, no hard feelings! I appreciate your understanding and removal of the link, although I'm not really against the idea of posting cos it's not as though my posts are copyrighted, just that what you said isn't true so I see the need to justify. Apology accepted. I'm really sorry you had to go through a bad experience. In my opinion, I think it is not wrong to give up as long as you've tried. I wish you find happiness along the way too cos everyone deserves it.
I am amazed first u lasted so long in a relationship, and what more 4yrs of LDR.
My LDR ended after 6mths of being apart. Till to day, I can not understand how people can be so happy..like SOOOO happy together when they are TOGETHER, and just because they are apart temporary, love can fade....
Yours is one that everyone should learn from.
Tan: Thank you. I think everyone needs that attention and physical touch without realising they've developed some kind of dependency on it. Having your own goals in life and smth that keeps you excited besides being together with your other half really does help strengthen a relationship I believe. You need distraction, in a good way of course. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you but I hope you are happier now. Take care! :)
Post a Comment