Here's the video/recipe I promised to put up, Yin Xian!
The guy speaking in the video, Chef John, he is really funny! Not so much in this video but some of his videos are very entertaining to learn from and I've tried a couple of his recipes and they're all really good.
If you don't want to watch the video, the recipe is here but I highly recommend watching the video. It's easier to learn to do!
One thing I find the need to change is the temperature. He said to bake it at 400 Farenheit (about 200 Celcius) for 30 minutes each side of the chicken (an hour in total). I did that and found my chicken to be overcooked and dry. I'm not sure if its the temperature or my oven's problem. Afterall, every oven's heat setting is different. I think next time I might try 180 Celcius. Also, I didn't have any hot sauce or sambal so I used my good old Linggam Chilli (best chilli evaaah). You don't need a lot of the glaze, because it's supposed to be glaze, not sauce. Don't be tempted to throw your chicken into the pan while you're cooking the glaze cos it'll only soften the crispy textures of the chicken. Drizzle and toss, just like how Chef John does it. And don't bother tasting the glaze cos when the vinegar is heated, the 'smell' is very piercing. You would think there's too much vinegar but once it's cooled down and tossed with the chicken, it's all good.
Have fun trying!
Be First to Post Comment !
Thanks!
welcome!
mmm.. maybe i'll try this some time
don't think you'll like it. not as crunchy and oily hahaaha.
Post a Comment