Once again, I was determined to go to school and get a few finals slashed out of my to-do list. Did great jobs on both my eyebrow wax and facial, but didn't get passed because of silly mistakes. So silly. I was so close to getting them. So near yet so far. It's not easy to get clients who are easy to deal with and who are assessable. A client may come in with an eyebrow wax but if her eyebrows have good shape, I can't be assessed.
I did a great job with the eyebrows, but I didn't pass because I didn't tidy up my work station after that. Well the only reason I did not, is because the client was having a massage right after that. I didn't know I am actually allowed to leave my client on the bed, to tidy my station. With the facials, I was extracting milia. Honestly, it was my first time doing it but I've seen it done and it's really easy. I asked the teacher for help because it didn't come out as easily as I've seen it performed. And because I got assistance, I didn't get the finals. If I knew I wouldn't pass because I've asked for assistance, I would NOT have asked for it. I seriously wouldn't.
I'm not blaming anyone. It's nobody's mistake but myself, I just have to learn from it and not repeat it the next time I attempt a final. I guess I was pushing myself too hard by having too much expectations. Expecting to get my finals, expecting to get more waxing clients to attempt competencies (didn't get ANY at all today), expecting to be doing well. The bigger the expectation, the bigger the disappointment. Cliched but true and it will hit you like a mother.
But you know what? I'm not going to stop expecting because it's what drives me forward. I will continue to expect the shit out of myself (not literally...) and I'm going to get it.
Be First to Post Comment !
oh yeah~ u can do it!
thanks! :)
Post a Comment