Nothing that’s worthwhile is ever easy

on
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
~Nicholas Sparks


This is going to be a full-on post about how my day went from shitty to yippee. I'm sorry if some of you may not understand what I'm talking about because it's all about what happened at school but just deal with it and pretend you do kthxloveya.

So I went to school really really early today because I know the earlybirds usually get to 'pick' what type of clients they want (I need it to finish all my competencies in order to graduate, latecomers get leftovers). I was the first to arrive in salon and I didn't see a teacher there which is unusual because usually the teachers are really early. So I started to set up the salon myself and then more students started to turn up and there's still no teacher.

And then a teacher came and told us the teacher who's suppose to be there is running late, but she'll delegate our clients for us in a while. I was only away for a while to put the linens in the cupboard, and I see the teacher asking other students what they need, instead of me first. I know technically nothing wrong but I can't help it but to feel really frustrated because I did wake up at 7.30, and rushed my ass off to catch an early train just to arrive early at school only because I thought I can get what I want. Turns out that's not the case.

FINE.

Then I went and clock on my attendance card. 

Before I talk about that, let me just say that I forgot to do laundry and only washed my uniform yesterday so it's still wet. So I came to school and took the spare uniform I had which I've kept in my locker. I admit, it's extremely crumpled, and it looks unpresentable. But there's nothing I can do about it. At least I'm at school and I have a uniform?

So I was trying to clock on, and the woman who was supposed to give me my card, didn't allow me only because my uniform looked really unpresentable. Not only did she send me away, she sent me away without telling me what I can do about it. I was seriously speechless.

So I came to school so freaking early, didn't get what I wanted, and now I'm not allowed to clock on and I have to be considered absent in school, but fact is I still have to stay in school and work on clients without getting an attendance?

Then another teacher came up to me and asked me to be a model for her Hot Stone Therapy class. Since I didn't get to experience it the last time I did the course, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to. At least having this opportunity made me feel like it's not a waste of time coming to school.

And then my friend insisted that I take her uniform, wear it and go clock on, and then switch back. So I did. And when I went up to the woman, she asked "Did you get the uniform from another girl?" 

What the fuck did she expect me to say? "No I saw it hanging down the corridor so I took it" OF COURSE IT'S ANOTHER GIRL'S UNIFORM SINCE YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME A SOLUTION, WHERE ELSE CAN I GET IT FROM.

Anyway. I said yes and she said "Good". And I casually asked her if there's an iron in the school that I can use. And she said "Yes but you know what you can do? Put your uniform into the dryer, and see if that'll straighten out the creases. Otherwise, I'll get you the iron."

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T SHE SUGGEST THAT AT THE BEGINNING? WHY MAKE ME GET ANOTHER UNIFORM JUST SO THAT I CAN CLOCK ON?

Seriously, at that point I was beyond words. Then I went for a 10 minutes break with my friends. When I got back, the teacher told me because I was gone and the teacher who needed me as a model for Hot Stone Therapy needed someone immediately, another person went for it already. In other words, I couldn't be the model anymore.

Can the day just get anymore worse?

Then I was asked to be a model for a lash tint, brow tint and a brow wax which I did went for. I needed to unwind seriously. I was on the verge of erupting like Mount Fuji. The girl who practiced on me did a great job and she was really nice. It was overall enjoyable, thank goodness. 

I went back to salon to be told that my client who was supposed to come at 12.30, came way earlier so someone else did her facial already. But in return, I got a client at 2pm which is an eye brow wax and a facial. Not exactly what I needed but better than nothing.

After lunch, went back to salon and waited for her. Client arrived and turns out she booked in for an eyebrow wax AND an eyebrow tint. Wasted time just to clarify that, great. Eyebrow tint went ok. Eyebrow wax took me 30 minutes, which is double the supposed time. Well to justify that, I wanted to do a great job. 

Honestly, I'd rather take a longer time and do a great job that leaves a good impression in the client, than spend the allocated time and do a shitty or average job that the client won't even notice a thing. My client was really happy with what I did, so was I.

Anyway, I proceeded to facials. Usually after the skin analysis, students are supposed to call the teacher to have a check at the analysis before deciding what products to use. It was already 3.40, less than an hour to the closing of the salon. I went out to get the teacher and not only did she not want to check my analysis but move straight to giving me products (I have to decide the products myself), she said "Ee Von what's wrong with you today you took so long for eyebrow wax" or something along that line, trying to say I'm being too slow and I need to move quickly.

Honestly, I was frustrated already. And she didn't help at all. It only made me more frustrated than I already was. I know she didn't mean it negatively, I admit I was being slow, but I'm just doing my best. I don't care if I finish late and leave after the school/salon hours as long as the client leaves happily. If I was a client, that's the kind of treatment I'll be looking for too.

At the end of the facial treatment, not only did I manage to sell a product to the client, I think, I'm not entirely sure but I think, the client rebooked me for her next eyebrow tint, eyebrow wax and an advanced facial treatment, which was something I recommended her to do apart from the regular facial she had with me. She was asking me if she could have a feedback sheet so that she can write her review, which we don't normally do. Usually the teacher would speak with the clients personally, but because the school/salon was closing, I didn't bother, I didn't think my teacher would bother either. In the end, she prompted and spoke to my teacher and gave a really good feedback.

Now that... deserves a good pat on the back and made all the shitty incidents I had to go through worthwhile.
Be First to Post Comment !