33 degrees

on
Friday, August 17, 2012
I am home!!!


In a new home some more hehe. My family shifted early this year before CNY. Coming back to a new place felt a little awkward at the beginning... I didn't know where the plates or cutleries were kept, didn't know how to turn on the TV, there seems to be a million switches and I had to try a million times to be able to switch on freaking fan -.- 

The moment I stepped onto Malaysian ground, there's only 2 words to describe my feelings. SIBEH HOT! Wtf.

I don't know if it's just a transition from winter to a tropical weather, or the weather has just been super hot lately. Hazy too! I feel sweaty, oily and sticky all the time ughh.

Doing nothing much but watching AOD (Astro On Demand). This is a long awaited break for me, obviously I have to be doing nothing ;) Went to this new mall about a week ago!


Not bad lor quite big, got cinema and some nice shops too. My sister wanted to meet up with her friends there so we (other sister, grandma and I) tagged along. Wanted to try the dessert place Tong Pak Fu but it was so packed. Not bothered. But I tried Gong Cha! And I loved it!


It was my first time trying so I didn't want to be adventurous. I tried their milk tea with pearls, very nice! I can even say it's nicer than the Chatime in Melbourne, don't know about the Chatime here, haven't tried yet. I can't wait to go back for my 2nd time :D

While waiting for my sister we shopped around. Ok more like I shopped around hehe. I haven't been properly shopping for more than a year already ok! I'm so shopping-deprived lol.


I spotted this small nude patent leather shoulder bag with chain straps (not seen) and detachable studded straps. I was contemplating for a really long time whether or not to buy it cos the pricetag was rm100 which I personally thought was expensive for such a small bag. BUT I REALLY LIKED IT! It was originally rm140, with rm40 of the price it's still quite pricey. There were many black ones of the same design, but there was only ONE left of this nude colour. After thinking for almost 20 minutes, I decided to get it. When the cashier scanned it, she said "rm70", which of course surprised me. When she saw my surprised face she asked me "rm70 kan?" and I stupidly asked her back "bukan rm100 ke?" which she then looked at the pricetag and decided to ask her colleague to check. At that point I seriously felt like a complete idiot and I should have kept my mouth shut. But thank goodness, her colleague came back and confirmed that it's rm70.

SCORE! :D


Also went to Daiso and bought some random stuffs. Julienne peeler! I can't wait to try it. If it works well, Imma make some Thai papaya/mango salad. Julienne means to cut food/vegetables into small strips. Bought a skimmer cos the skimmer I have at home in Melbourne is hopeless.


Apart from AOD I've also been helping my grandma with cooking dinner. My mom bought some tin gai, paddy frogs, the other day so I decided to give it a try. Made Gong Bou Tin Gai. Paddy frogs are similar to chicken, except that frog has less fats, is smaller in size and so cooks a lot quicker.

That's all as far as my Instagram pictures go. The sisters and I are going to Hong Kong this weekend/raya! I don't really like crowded places so not looking forward to that but definitely looking forward to the food! Egg tart, polo bao, dim sum... I'm too old for Disneyland but it's my first time so maybe I should be looking forward to that too? I don't know.
Be First to Post Comment !