After looking through my pictures I realise this day was actually one of the most boring day throughout the trip, but it also had the most problems. The places we went were boring and uninteresting, the schedule was screwed, and it was so damn hot!
The day started at 8am with dim sum breakfast. Dim sum was one of the many things I was wanting to try in HK. The taste was good but unfortunately we didn't get to 'choose' what we wanted to eat. Everything was preselected before our arrival in the restaurant so we could only eat what was served. We could order other dishes but of course, that would be at our own expenses.
Again, no pictures cos we were eating with the other people in our tour group. But I remember their Loh Bak Gou (Chinese Radish Cake) was really good, very different from the ones in Malaysia, in a good way.
After breakfast the first place we stopped at was the Golden Bauhinia Square. Didn't take much pictures because it was super damn hot and sunny, and it's not picture-worthy anyway. Bauhinia is a flower species, also called the Hong Kong Orchid because it originated in HK. This flower is the symbol used in HK's flag itself. This square is sort of like our Merdeka Square, it is where the official handover of HK from UK to China took place.
Dunno why I smile as though I'm constipated... wtf
We went to Repulse Bay after that. Nothing much there, a Chinese temple, a beach, some nice beach side housings. Then we went to Aberdeen Harbour, took a boat (not free of course) to see the floating village and Jumbo Floating Restaurant.
Lots of cabin cruisers stationed around, I wonder if they belong to people or they're there for rental.
With the fancy looking Jumbo Floating Restaurant. Cheh, can take picture only. Not that we get to eat there also.
In the Aberdeen Floating Village, the 'boat people' are people who live in boats, fishing for a living.
Drying Ham Yu (Salted Fish)
Then we were brought to a jewelry shop -.- I don't even remember the name of the place because I have no interest in jewelry, let alone purchasing jewelry in HK. This was obviously one of the places the tour guide HAD to bring us, in hopes that he could earn some commission.
Apart from this, there was also a dodgy-looking duty free shop which sold cosmetics and fragrances. I didn't have the chance to shop around myself so I wasn't sure if the duty free shop was really selling things cheap so I didn't get anything. And besides the stocks they had were limited anyway, most of them looked like excess stocks, most probably expiring too.
Lastly he sent us to this Chinese medicine and herbs shop. After this it was already 2.30 and we have not had lunch. Super late, I know. People were getting really hungry and quite restless but we had one more stop before we could head for lunch, which was the Avenue of Stars. Seeing this, the tour guide actually had the cheeks to ask us if we would still like to go there, if not we could cancel it and head for lunch straight!
HOW UNACCEPTABLE! Firstly we weren't properly brought to Lui Yan Kai, now he's thinking of taking Avenue of Stars off the list?!? How bout he took that stupid jewelry shop or that herb shop off the list at the beginning??
And he decided to base the decision on votes. Obviously we HAD to go to Avenue of Stars! And fortunately there were more votes saying to go. I understand there were kids and pregnant lady in the trip and they needed to eat and wanting to go to the Avenue of Stars was going to further delay our lunch. Hey, it's not MY problem, it's the tour guide's problem!
Again not much pictures because it was super hot. Avenue of Stars is basically a little bit like the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's a walkway along the Victoria Harbour waterfront with plaques on the floor honouring HK celebrities. Some have hand prints and autographs.
Right after that, it was already 3.30-4ish. Our next stop was the Ngong Ping 360, a cable car which connects Tung Chung to the Ngong Ping area. Our lunch was supposed to be at the Po Lin Monastery.
Initially, according to the tour guide, we were supposed to have lunch at NORMAL lunch hours which means we were supposed to BE at Ngong Ping by 1-2ish pm. And after our vegetarian lunch we were supposed to have our free and easy time till 5pm. The tour guide also mentioned that there's a Tung Chung Citygate Outlet which is a shopping mall, and if we're interested we can have a look because it's right opposite the cable car terminal at the base of the hill. At 5pm, we were all supposed to meet at the Citygate entrance because the coach will be parked there waiting for us.
Now because everything was so horribly delayed, the tour guide decided to change the gathering time to 6pm. Free and easy time? Kiss it goodbye la.
The cable car ride took 25 minutes. Fortunately we didn't have to queue
to take it because there was a special lane for tourists. Once the cable car touched down, it was already almost 4.30pm and we still have not had lunch. I quickly took a peek at the queue for the cable car to go down. It was pretty massive. Seeing this I was already a little worried.
The walk to the monastery where we were
supposed to have lunch was pretty long. My sisters and I were literally
speed walking (almost running) because we both really wanted to go to
that mall. Not that we really need to shop but since we're here and we
haven't really gotten much time to do some shopping, why waste the time
and opportunity eating and not make use of our supposed free and easy
time?
Once
we arrived at the restaurant we took only 15 minutes to eat (we looked
like we haven't eaten for 10 days lol). It's just boring vegetarian food
(again, random vegetarian restaurant in Klang makes better vegetarian
food) so we weren't bothered and besides in a few hours time we were
supposed to be eating seafood dinner already so might as well save the
space for that.
Before
leaving to take the cable car, I specifically asked the tour guide if i
would have to queue together with everyone else or if there was a
special lane, just like when we first came. And he told me there's no
special lane for cable cars which are going down, only 1. And he even
assured me the queue usually wouldn't be long so it'll be ok. Haha...
We
quickly walked back to take the cable car downhill. When we arrived at
the terminal, there was a massive queue, even more massive than when I
first saw it. While queueing and seeing no signs of the tour guide and
the other tourists from our group, I sent a message confirming if we
were all still meeting at 6pm at the Citygate entrance, telling him by
the looks of the queue it's impossible to meet at 6. My sisters and I
were the first to leave the restaurant to catch the cable car and we
can't make it at 6, it's impossible for them to even make it at 7pm!
While
I was in the cable car, I receive the tour guide's reply saying "I'm
waiting with other tourists too, please don't go to Citygate, just wait
at the exit of the cable car"
Both my sisters and I went FTS WE'RE GOING TO CITYGATE.
Honestly!?!
I can't believe he told us not to go to Citygate! We queued till our
feet were on the verge of breaking apart and he's telling us that we'll
have to wait for all of them which could most probably take another
fucking hour, having NOTHING to do?
We
took a little more than an hour to get into a cable car, plus 25
minutes ride down. When we're down it was already 6.20pm. We quickly
went to the mall, very quickly and briefly browsed through, before
exitting to look for our coach. At 7pm we were already in the coach and
nobody was there except for the driver who was waiting there for more
than an hour without any notice from the tour guide. Poor guy.
Randomly took a picture while we were bored waiting for the rest.
After that we were sent to a pier in I forgot where to take a boat to Lamma Island for dinner. More HK night views from the pier.
Approaching the restaurant where we had our seafood dinner.
The end wtf.
Seafood dinner was alright, not great but not terrible. Once again, I've had better seafood in Klang. I'm not saying nice things about Klang just because I'm from Klang, but it's a fact that the restaurants this tour has been bringing us weren't impressive. I'm not really complaining since I was mentally prepared for it anyway; tour groups hardly bring you to nice food places.
If you've been reading from top to bottom, I applaud you haha. Day 3 is HK Disneyland, fret not, no more complaints. Oh maybe a little bit about Chinese tourists. Seriously most of them drive me up the walls. But Day 3 onwards it got better, thank goodness.
The end wtf.
Seafood dinner was alright, not great but not terrible. Once again, I've had better seafood in Klang. I'm not saying nice things about Klang just because I'm from Klang, but it's a fact that the restaurants this tour has been bringing us weren't impressive. I'm not really complaining since I was mentally prepared for it anyway; tour groups hardly bring you to nice food places.
If you've been reading from top to bottom, I applaud you haha. Day 3 is HK Disneyland, fret not, no more complaints. Oh maybe a little bit about Chinese tourists. Seriously most of them drive me up the walls. But Day 3 onwards it got better, thank goodness.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment