For breakfast this day, we were supposed to be having dim sum again. The tour guide said it's at a different place this time.
Yeah different place, but SAME FOOD! Knn. Its actually the same restaurant but different branch. Wtf la. Only changed about 2 dishes, the rest were the same and again, no choosing, eat what's served. Pffffftttt.
Then we headed straight for Disneyland. In the itinerary given to us, Disneyland was supposed to take up the whole day. We will be dropped there and only picked up at 9.30pm after the last show in Disneyland which was some fireworks. But a lot of us decided to leave early and have our free and easy time, and the tour guide was fine with it.
Damn the weather. It was SUPER hot and sunny, and then it went slightly gloomy...
Not only was it hot, it was SUPER packed with people. We didn't even get to go on any of the rides or watch any of the stage shows because the queueing time on average for each show was 1 hour or more. If we were to waste those time queueing, there wouldn't be enough time to explore the entire Disneyland and leave earlier as planned to go to explore other parts of HK.
Instead, we made use of the time we had and took pictures with as many characters as we could. Even with that we still had to queue ok! I'm not sure if there weren't that many characters to begin with, or we didn't see them.
With Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Snow White from... Snow White wtf. They not only dress like them, they talk like them too. It was quite.. scary actually wtf.
The only ride we managed to try was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters only because it has this fastpass service where you take a ticket and it'll tell you what time is the next ride, so there's no need to queue for hours and waste time.
And then it started pouring heavily!!! :( Sibeh unlucky la. Fortunately it wasn't a very long rain, probably about 20 minutes. Out of desperation I even bought one umbrella. Fucking expensive ok, HKD 170 after discount. But it's ok la, it's a nice and sturdy umbrella and has HK Disneyland printed on it lol.
The only ride we managed to try was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters only because it has this fastpass service where you take a ticket and it'll tell you what time is the next ride, so there's no need to queue for hours and waste time.
I was thrown the camera so...
With Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
Minnie Mouse!
Mickey Mouse!
Pluto!
And then we had to literally run to watch the Flights of Fantasy Parade because we took too much time queueing to take pictures with the characters. Luckily managed to make it and watch the parade.
And then we had to literally run to watch the Flights of Fantasy Parade because we took too much time queueing to take pictures with the characters. Luckily managed to make it and watch the parade.
After the parade we continued to venture to the other parts. Honestly if what the parade showcased was all the characters HK Disneyland had, I'm a little disappointed. I expected more! Where are the villains? The evil queen from Snow White, Maleficent, Ursula... etc? Where's The Little Mermaid? Where's Aladdin and Jasmine?
Lol wtf
This Merlin speaks Cantonese
Before we left we managed to watch the Mickey's Waterworks Parade. It's just another parade which involves some water shooting and getting wet, unless you stay in the 'dry' zone, or have an umbrella ready.
Before we left we managed to watch the Mickey's Waterworks Parade. It's just another parade which involves some water shooting and getting wet, unless you stay in the 'dry' zone, or have an umbrella ready.
We left very shortly after the parade ended.
One last picture before leaving.
The first place we wanted to go was Lui Yan Kai (Ladies' Market) in Mong Kok. So we took the MTR located right outside the Disneyland entrance, to Mong Kok Station. We walked around not knowing where to eat before we spotted a Hui Lau Shan! I've heard about this place from other bloggers who've been to HK. Its famous for their mango desserts.
The first place we wanted to go was Lui Yan Kai (Ladies' Market) in Mong Kok. So we took the MTR located right outside the Disneyland entrance, to Mong Kok Station. We walked around not knowing where to eat before we spotted a Hui Lau Shan! I've heard about this place from other bloggers who've been to HK. Its famous for their mango desserts.
Everything was in Chinese so I could only point to order, without knowing what exactly it was.
This one is obviously a young coconut, and it has bird's nest, coconut milk, coconut flesh... and I don't know what else. Very nice!
Didn't know which mango dessert to have so we ordered this taster type of thing. Dunno why their mango super refreshing! It's sweet but you know how sometimes mango can taste sweet as though it's going to go rotten? This one is fragrant and sweet, and you can never have enough!
Next round, we decided to eat a heavier meal before walking Lui Yan Kai. I remember reading about a Kam Wah Cafe in Mong Kok so we headed there. Apparently they have the best Polo Bao (Pineapple Bun) in HK. True enough, they were selling like hot cakes. When we sat down the waiter asked (rudely) if we wanted Polo Bao, and said if we don't decide fast it'll be sold out.
Next round, we decided to eat a heavier meal before walking Lui Yan Kai. I remember reading about a Kam Wah Cafe in Mong Kok so we headed there. Apparently they have the best Polo Bao (Pineapple Bun) in HK. True enough, they were selling like hot cakes. When we sat down the waiter asked (rudely) if we wanted Polo Bao, and said if we don't decide fast it'll be sold out.
I don't know how a good Polo Bao is supposed to taste like, if this is it, I'm disappointed. Comparing to all the other Po Lor Bao I've had before (from bakeries in Malaysia), this one didn't impress me :/ Partly because it carries the "Best in HK" title, I was a little disappointed. I expected more!
Btw Po Lor Bao does not involve any pineapples or pineapple products in its making. Po lor is the the way Hongkies call a pineapple, the bun is called Po Lor Bao only because it (very mildly) resemble the fruit.
Btw Po Lor Bao does not involve any pineapples or pineapple products in its making. Po lor is the the way Hongkies call a pineapple, the bun is called Po Lor Bao only because it (very mildly) resemble the fruit.
The egg tarts were selling well too so we decided to give them a try since in HK TVB dramas I always see them eating egg tarts for tea time. They were really good. I was happier to eat their egg tarts than the Po Lor Bao...
I also remember reading Swee San's post about their Dong Leng Mat (Iced Honey Lemon) being green in colour. I found that weird and I was curious, so I ordered one. True enough, it was green! And... it sucks. I didn't like it all, didn't taste like lemon or honey. Tasted like some leong cha (herbal tea) or something.
For mains, again we were lost in all those Chinese characters. In HK Char Chan Teng (cafes), do not expect friendliness. Expect being pressured to order quickly. I was not bothered to ask them what's what in the menu so I ordered what I know without even trying to read (and fail).
For mains, again we were lost in all those Chinese characters. In HK Char Chan Teng (cafes), do not expect friendliness. Expect being pressured to order quickly. I was not bothered to ask them what's what in the menu so I ordered what I know without even trying to read (and fail).
Chan Dan Meen (Egg and Spam instant noodle)
Gon Chao Ngau Hor (Stir Fry Beef Rice Noodle) which is like our Char Koay Teow with beef but Char Koay Teow is 1000 times nicer.
The mains weren't impressive. Not even their Nai Cha (Milk Tea). I've read in some blogs that they think their Nai Cha's good. Comparing to the first Nai Cha I had on Day 1 in Happy Valley, this was not as good.
The mains weren't impressive. Not even their Nai Cha (Milk Tea). I've read in some blogs that they think their Nai Cha's good. Comparing to the first Nai Cha I had on Day 1 in Happy Valley, this was not as good.
Overall, I find this Kam Wah Cafe a little overrated period.
Then we proceeded to Lui Yan Kai. We wanted to go to Zhong Wan (Central) after this and because it was getting late, we very quickly browsed through Lui Yan Kai and we didn't manage to walk the entire market.
Look at my sunburnt shoulders and stupid sunburnt nose wtf -.-
By the time we reached Central, most of the shops were already closed. So we could only window shop, sight-see and use their high class toilet wtf. Ooh there's a H&M there, nice and affordable stuff.
But by that time we were already dead tired because Disneyland pretty much drained away all of our energy. Our feet were sore, we're all tanned/sunburnt, exhausted. I don't know how we could stand staying there till 9.30pm as how it was planned initially.
Overall, Disneyland was a little smaller than expected but it was nevertheless fun. Given that the Disneyland is bigger, I don't think I could walk that much too. It was a shame that we ran out of time to properly explore Lui Yan Kai and Central. Maybe next time? :)
By the time we reached Central, most of the shops were already closed. So we could only window shop, sight-see and use their high class toilet wtf. Ooh there's a H&M there, nice and affordable stuff.
But by that time we were already dead tired because Disneyland pretty much drained away all of our energy. Our feet were sore, we're all tanned/sunburnt, exhausted. I don't know how we could stand staying there till 9.30pm as how it was planned initially.
Overall, Disneyland was a little smaller than expected but it was nevertheless fun. Given that the Disneyland is bigger, I don't think I could walk that much too. It was a shame that we ran out of time to properly explore Lui Yan Kai and Central. Maybe next time? :)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment