Another boring day. Lots of sight seeing. We took a boat/ferry/idunno from HK to Macau. In the boat/ferry/idunno, there were LOTS and LOTS of China people (who look like they're from kampung, literally) and they were SO. FREAKING. RUDE.
They talk as though they're in a noisy club, or as though they're about to start a fight, they PUSHTHEFUCK out of you, they don't listen to the attendants when asked to move their baggage to the supposed area, they cut queue or rather, create their own line, they stand so close to you as though they're going to kiss you. I have this thing about people standing really close to me while waiting in a line. Except for my bestfriend and bf, I cannot cannot tahan ppl standing close to me or touching me while they're standing. And that wasn't my first experience with these rude China people already. In Disneyland I even scolded one.
AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!
They talk as though they're in a noisy club, or as though they're about to start a fight, they PUSHTHEFUCK out of you, they don't listen to the attendants when asked to move their baggage to the supposed area, they cut queue or rather, create their own line, they stand so close to you as though they're going to kiss you. I have this thing about people standing really close to me while waiting in a line. Except for my bestfriend and bf, I cannot cannot tahan ppl standing close to me or touching me while they're standing. And that wasn't my first experience with these rude China people already. In Disneyland I even scolded one.
AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHH!
Upon arrival it was raining quite heavily so the itinerary had to be rescheduled. We were first sent to The Venetian, a popular hotel and casino resort, with the world's largest casino. No pictures of the casino because my 12YO sister obviously couldn't get in.
I suppose the name Venetian indicates that the building and its structure are made to resemble those in Venice. There's a canal within the building itself completed with sky-like ceilings, gondolas and gondoliers who sing.
It's a really huge building with lots of shops, from luxurious brands to mid-range. We didn't get a lot of time in the Venetian so we went back the next day and actually did most of our shopping there throughout the entire trip.
Then we were brought to the City of Dreams to watch this 4D show called Dragon's Treasure. It's basically watching an animation in panoramic view, projected in a huge, dome-shaped theater called The Bubble.
Never seen anything like that before so I'd say it was quite awesome although the entire show took only about 15 minutes.
Then we had lunch and then headed to Macau Tower. There's an observation deck with see through floors and see through walls for us to get a 360 view of Macau but of course it's not free. Nobody in our tour wanted to go except for us siblings.
There was this stupid bitch in our group who said, "Aiya this kind of tower I go to KL Tower also can see lah"
Eh idiot? Do you know what is the difference between KL Tower and Macau Tower? ONE IS IN KL ONE IS IN MACAU! Even a 5 year old can tell you that lo! Stupid bitch didn't want to spend her money to see it, so she had to say it's not worth spending when we siblings actually paid for it??
STUPID SOUR GRAPE! I bet in saying that she actually didn't even go up to KL Tower to see also!
It's not just this one incident that annoyed us, that same bitch annoyed me many times already so its an accumulation of lots of annoyance wtf.
It's not about paying for things that's worth it or not, it's about paying for a view that you can never find anywhere else in the world. It's a different experience, in a different place. Since we're all the way here, why cannot go for it? Sadly some kiamsiap stupid sour grape cannot understand this.
And then we were brought to the A-Ma Temple, or in Canto they call it Ma Kok Miu. It is said that the name Macau came from the name of this temple. When the Portuguese first came, they asked the people who lived in the temple for the name of the place to which the people replied "Ma Kok", and supposedly that's how the name Macau came about.
The tour guide recommended us Macau's local specialty which is their Almond Cookies from a famous bakery in Macau, Pastelaria Koi Kee 钜记饼家, which is near the temple. We thought it's the ONLY store in Macau, until we saw it EVERYWHERE as we traveled -.-
Regretted buying in that place because it was packed with people. Not just people. RUDE CHINA PEOPLE.
They provide samples for customers to try so don't worry about not knowing what you're buying. But if there are China people in the store, don't expect much of the samples left.
I highly recommend their Phoenix Eggroll. It's a crunchy egg roll snack with pork floss and seaweed. The almond cookies are good too, but I like the Phoenix Eggroll more (the name itself is also more extravagant wtf). Wished I bought more, everyone who tried it loved it.
Then we went to the Fisherman's Wharf. Honestly when we first went there, I had no idea what was it. Everything's closed. According to Wikipedia, it's a theme park! Wtf, it surely didn't seem like a theme park to me lor. When we were there everything's closed. All we could do was stand outside the buildings and take pictures. Quite stupid la, why brought us there when it's closed?
Didn't bother taking much pictures because to me, they all looked like fancy man-made buildings which have no interesting history behind it.
Then finally we went to the famous Ruins of St. Paul's where the famous facade of St. Paul's Cathedral proudly stands!
According to the tourguide, the cathedral was destroyed by a fire and only the facade remained because apart from the facade which was built with stone, everything else was built with timber(if I remember it correctly...).
Ok can officially said I've visited Macau lol.
Then we were sent to our hotel. This time we stayed in Metropark Hotel, which is a small one compared to all the other huge casino and hotel resorts around us. It's small but it's pretty good, so much better than the previous one we had in HK. There's free limited internet service we can easily get in the lobby, the room was also more spacious.
That night we had a quick dinner at a nearby restaurant. No pictures because it wasn't interesting. I know I've said this many times before but I will still say it again, Klang has better food.
After dinner we strolled around the city. There were lots of casinos and hotels. 'Lots' is probably an understatement.
There wasn't much to do and we were really tired too. And also for 3 girls to stroll in the city at night, I was getting quite anxious and scared. Afterall, it's a foreign country eventhough we all share the same ethnicity. It's like a land of casinos, like a city that never sleeps. There's people everywhere. But most of them are people who go there to gamble their life away. Walking with all these people around it's impossible to not feel insecure.
We went back earlier and planned for the next day.
Be First to Post Comment !
Very beautiful place, It is lovely and so interesting. I so love Macau, I will visit there next month and your post helps a lot to add in my travel list. Macau is a very wonderful place. Thank you for sharing.
Macau Tour Package
you're most welcome joan!
Post a Comment