This was our last day, there wasn't any tour planned for us and our flight was in the late afternoon, so it was free and easy for us. We took a bus to Largo do Senado, can't remember how much we had to pay. Later we found out we could've traveled there for free.
You could take a shuttle bus from whichever hotel you're staying at, it'll take you to the Taipa Ferry Terminal. And from the terminal there are many other shuttle buses from the other hotels/casinos. Depending on where you're going, if the hotel is near the location you're trying to get to, just hop on and you'll get your free ride! It takes a little bit more time, but it's a free experience.
For example to get to Largo do Senado (Senado Square), you can hop onto the Hotel Lisboa's shuttle bus. Apprently it stops a few blocks from Largo do Senado.
The reason we went to Largo do Senado was because I wanted to look for a Yee Shun Dairy Company. We first had trouble finding it because according to my research, it should be inside Senado Square. But it was nowhere to be seen! Fortunately there was one spot with free wifi, so I quickly made my search and found out in one post (out of 1987531) it has actually moved to another place which was luckily not too far away.
I wanted to go to Yee Shun because in Swee San's post she mentioned how good their scrambled eggs were. Also, they make this double-boiled milk thingie which I have no idea what it was, I really wanted to try it!
Again, everything in the menu was in Chinese :( I didn't know what it's called, so I could only point at pictures. And I even tried to order a scrambled egg sandwich, but I didn't know what scrambled egg's called in Chinese! So I literally said "Scrambled eggs", describing in Cantonese that it's... sort of fried, and the guy who took my order said ok, so I thought he understood. But when my sandwich came my egg was just plain fried egg :((((((
But the double-boiled milk was DA BOMB! Ok it's not like atomic bomb good but I've never tried it before so I found it really interesting in a good way!
It's like eating tau fu fah but instead of soy milk, this is made with fresh milk! Some say it's made with water buffalo milk. I don't know lah, but I know the milk taste was very apparent, and different, but somehow I'm not sick of it! And this is coming from someone who hates drinking milk.
If I'm not wrong, it's called "Sheong Pei Lai", literally means double-skinned milk. Texture is like a pudding made with milk. We ordered one with red beans 红豆双皮炖奶 but if I were to recommend, just order the plain one without red beans because the pudding itself is really good.
We also ordered a Ginger Milk Curd 姜汁撞奶 cos I've seen other bloggers recommending it. Pretty good, but it leaves a bitter aftertaste.
Another food generally recommended by food bloggers when in Macau is their Pork Chop Bun. Nothing to shout about.
Yee Shun Dairy Company 義順牛奶公司
60, Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro (San Ma Lou)
Took a stroll along the streets near Senado Square. It leads to the Ruins of St. Pauls. There are lots of shops selling food, souvenirs and whatnot. Lots to try too.
Then we went looking for this place famous for their Portuguese Egg Tart. It's called Margaret's Cafe e Nata. We didn't get to try any other Portuguese tarts so we couldn't compare it to anything but I'd say it's nice. The custard didn't taste too egg-y and it wasn't too sweet.
Can't remember how much they were selling at, but it's definitely clear in my memory that it wasn't cheap. I remember having their Iced Yin Yeong and it was MOP20 (RM10)!!
Margaret's Cafe e Nata 瑪嘉烈葡塔
Gum Loi Building, Rua Almirante Costa Cabral
I think the address is quite pointless unless you have Google Maps in hand. The location is a little hard to describe. Some bloggers said it's right next to Hotel Lisboa, but I found an instruction online which I followed and successfully found the place. Unfortunately, I only printscreened the post, I can't remember which website was it. Credits go to him/her.
"At the entrance/exit of Hotel Sintra, turn left into a northeasternly direction, cross Avenida Infante D. Henrique, and then turn at the first alley on your left - there should be a sign pointing in the direction of the cafe."
Then we went back to our hotel, took a shuttle bus, switched to a Venetian shuttle bus and went to The Venetian and spent the rest of our time there shopping before leaving to catch our flight.
***
Finally done with HK/Macau. Normal posts will resume soon.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment