Breaking the fasting

on
Monday, March 4, 2013
The weather has been driving me absolutely nuts lately. The entire February and beginning of March has been sunny and hot like a griddle ready to cook a piece of steak. There has been a day or two of cool-down but that's about it. A DAY OR TWO. WHY! It's like waving cotton candy at a little kid, enticing him, let him have one bite, and then throw the cotton candy away (and stamp on it to make the scene look more terrible). How can anyone tolerate such cruelty you tell me la.

Ok enough about weather ranting. 

I love breakfast. I can never skip it. Every morning I wake up, it's the thing I look forward to because I'm freaking starving. 8 hours of empty stomach, how to not stave? My standard, simplest form of breakfast would be peanut butter toast (no other spreads, PB is a must) or cereal with coffee. When I have more time, creative juice, ingredients and most importantly the will, these are examples of what I came up with.


Toast with banana scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and baby kale. Banana scrambled eggs is something I saw in a friend's Instagram and got really curious about. The combination of smoked salmon (salty) and banana gives a savoury sweet flavour, quite interesting.

Cereal bowl of blueberries, shredded coconut, flax meal, black chia seeds, honey, macadamia nuts, oat clusters, bran straws, puffed wheat, crunchy flakes and organic low fat milk. I've concluded that adding shredded coconut, blueberries and honey to any cereal will instantly make it extra tasty! I personally think this is a powerhouse of nutrients cos it's filled with superfoods such as blueberries, flax meal, chia seeds and coconut.

This took inspiration from a couple of healthy living/food aficionados I follow on Instagram. Cinnamon and banana oatmeal pancakes with a glorious amount of fruits (strawberries, banana and black grapes), drizzled with homemade chocolate sauce, topped with toasted almond and black chia seeds. I basically used up whatever fruits I had in the fridge. The sauce is cocoa powder mixed with a bit of hot water and sugar to sweeten. Nuts and seeds are for the extra nutrients and crunch. It tasted pretty good, could do with more chocolate sauce :D

This is pretty self explanatory? Toast with (horribly) scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, truss tomatoes and rockets. Those tomatoes are DA BOMB. Drizzled with olive oil, cook on low heat with the truss on until the skin starts to split. That's it! It's bigger than cherry, but smaller than regular tomatoes. The scrambled eggs was a shame... I still need to master the technique of making good scrambled eggs. Oh, was having this while watching an episode (which lead to another 3) of The Walking Dead. Damn show, so much of suspense.

Wk however, makes the perfect scrambled eggs! Surprise, surprise. Its creamy and fluffy, exactly how scrambled eggs taste like. Here are toast served 2 ways, first with scrambled eggs, another with peanut butter and apricot jam, both equally a favourite. If we had smoked salmon and some chives, this plate would be absolutely perfect.

Ok need to end this and take a cold shower. This freaking heat is stimulating my sweat glands too much its disgusting.
Be First to Post Comment !