Seat-Warmer

on
Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just a tiny ranting post about watching movies in the cinema.

Have you ever went to watch a movie in a cinema with numbered seating, looked for your seats in the dark, only to find that someone else is comfortably sitting there? So you'll have to walk up to them and tell them they might have gotten the wrong seats, and when you get to sit down that seat is all warm and disgusting? I mean it's not like there's shit or piss there but the fact that someone's body heat was transferred into the seats through their ass, and you are going to put your ass there and feel that heat is... just... no. 

I've encountered this situation several times and honestly, it is getting really annoying. I would also say that it's only in Melbourne that I've had situations like this more often than in Malaysia. I don't know why, maybe  some Melbourne people are partially blind. Blind to cinema seats. Or they just enjoy being shooed off when the person who's actually PAID for the seats come telling them about it? Or maybe they're actually part time Seat-Warmer, they enjoy warming up other people's seats wtf.

The thing is whenever we can, we try to get middle seats in the cinema for obvious reasons. I can totally understand it if someone decided to move from their original, not so good seats to a better seat (eg. middle) as long as it is for 100% sure that the seat isn't occupied at all, and I mean like there's no one sitting there right from the beginning and it's already halfway (or at least, a quarter way) through the movie. Makes sense? 

What I don't understand is, right at the beginning of the show when the movie hasn't even started yet and it's only ads playing, these jokers are already seated in the middle  seats or wherever even though it's not theirs. And it's not as though they are senior citizens or disabled people who have trouble looking for seats ok. The "oh I couldn't find my seat" is just plain steaming pile of bullshit. What are you? 5? It's an alphabet and a number, all you need is a pair of eyes to look for them and your ass to sit in it. 

It is so obvious that they know it's not their seats, but they didn't care, they sat anyway. And when confronted, they pretend and play innocent like "Oh we're at the wrong seat?" insincerely apologize (if they do) and then move to their seats, or probably other unoccupied seats which are  still not theirs.

WHY?? Why can't you stick to wherever you're supposed to sit??? Why do you want to molest my throne? My ass has the perfect ability to warm up my own seat I seriously don't need your help you know?

People, I'm begging you, please stop going around warming other people's seats in the cinema. Thank you very much.
Be First to Post Comment !