Sigh.
I don't know if planning a wedding is stressful or I am just putting stress upon myself.
We are pretty much set on the date. Initially it was going to be next February the 14th. Yes, it's Valentine's Day and no, I did not pick that date because it's Valentine's Day. I picked it because it was the Saturday before Chinese New Year and it just happens to be Valentine's Day. If anything, I would rather not do it on that day. I don't quite fancy sharing my wedding anniversary with few millions of people out there. That's one thing. Flowers are going to be triple the price from what they would normally cost, and this is not even bridal/wedding flowers, which are already exorbitantly priced to begin with.
So we sort of settled with the 15th. I say 'sort of' because we haven't booked/placed any deposit on the restaurant/venue that we want. We have decided what we wanted for one of the venues but it's not taking any bookings/deposits yet until June. As for the restaurants, we're still trying to figure out approximately for how many tables it's going to be.
Let me just explain what is stressing me out in the simplest way possible.
I want a simple, intimate wedding with approximately 200 people combined. My dad wants minimum 15 tables only for his side. I don't want Chinese banquet. My dad wants Chinese banquet. I want to do a blessing ceremony but there's no venue we've found that can hold more than 150 people. I want to enjoy the day especially with my closest friends and not sit down and be like a piece of ornament.
Does that pretty much summarizes it?
We've finally figured out that to do what I want (it's always what the bride wants, isn't it? Hahah), there will need to be 3 events. A morning tea ceremony done after the groom 'picks up' the bride, a blessing ceremony followed by lunch reception with a small group of people, and lastly Chinese banquet reception dinner.
HOW TO FIT ALL OF THAT IN 1 DAY???
We can't. After brainstorming for 2 days, we finally worked out a flow we thought was perfect. Basically we had to split it between the Saturday and Sunday. We were so excited we couldn't stop praising ourselves for being such a genius for coming up with such a perfect plan wtf. When I mentioned this flow to my parents, first thing they said is "CANNOT LAH SUNDAY DO LIKE THAT TOO RUSH ALREADY DOWAN DO LIKE THAT LAH."
And we thought we had the perfect plan and almost went ahead to put a deposit already. Do you know how frustrating it is when someone just slams you and crashes your hopes like that?
Ok let's move on to wedding planner. Initially we said we're going to get a wedding planner. But after researching on the venues/restaurants ourselves, we realize it's actually not as difficult as we thought it's going to be. Maybe we don't need a wedding planner after all? But at the same time we're afraid that it's not going to be as simple as it looks further down the track. The main reason being we're after all not in Malaysia, there will definitely be restrictions in certain things that we need to do. Eg. custom making a wedding gown. But I can't see how having a wedding planner is going to help with that anyway.
Next, our honeymoon. We thought we had it planned out perfectly already even got so damn excited when we scored cheap Airasia return flights to Malaysia. Plus my leave was approved! Our plan was wedding, CNY, honeymoon in Western Europe. And then my French friend come telling me going to France in winter is a no-no.
HAIH WHYYYYYY. I don't mind winter (I actually find it romantic hahah), I prefer it over 30 degrees to be honest. But she said it's much more beautiful in spring when flowers bloom, rather than facing the cold and wrap up like a dumpling. She's got a point too.
I dunno lah. I think I should stop taking opinions from people and do what makes me happy. It's MY money after all. Why should I let others decide what I should do with it.
BTW by "I" for the most part, I meant Wk and I. It's our wedding, but he usually goes with what I want anyway hehehe.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment