The Premises

on
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
The Premises is this cafe situated about 10 minutes walk from where we live. I was looking through my collection of food pictures and to my surprise, I didn't even realize we've visited this place so many times! And this is not even counting the other many times I've been there and did not take any pictures of my food.


To be honest I don't even find this to be the best cafe anyway. Most of the times the coffee is good but at times it's forgettable, the menu doesn't change much and the variety is nothing to shout about except for some occasional specials. I guess because it's just too convenient when you want to have breakfast and not bothered to go too far away.


Some of these pictures were taken as long as a year ago and they're not on the menu anymore. Some were specials of the day. 





They would have a sweet dish and it's usually french toast. I can't remember what this one had. Looking at it it looks like pear, praline/crumble and some kind of flavoured mascarpone. They don't change much with this dish, usually it's a different fruit and maybe a different crunchy element.












Absolutely not a fan of this sort of dish - cold, cured fish. I don't know how people can eat this for breakfast/brunch. For me, give me toast, eggs, and something protein (smoked salmon, ham, bacon) and I'm a happy woman.













Can anyone guess what kind of coffee drinker we are already? Wk is a latte man, I'm a cappuccino girl.








Out of everything we've tried, this is my favourite. Premises Eggs Benedict with Newmarket smoked ham, free range poached eggs and pink peppercorn hollandaise. Sadly, this isn't in their menu, it was one of the specials of that day.



Corned beef and potato hash with sauerkraut, mustard aioli and a poached egg.



Another unappetizing looking cold dish. Uek. And of course, it's usually something Wk would order and ended up not liking it lol. Tsk tsk, man just never learn their lesson.



Will I go back? Yes, why not? I can't really complain if it's only a stone's throw away can I?

Be First to Post Comment !