wkev #3: The Date, Venue & Photographer.

on
Friday, June 6, 2014
Let me just say one thing. Apart from compromising the family on how they want your wedding to be, planning an overseas wedding is a complete pain in the behind. Even with a wedding planner I'm struggling with so many things.


The Date

February the 14th and 15th 2015. Yes, it's Valentine's Day which is a pain. I'll explain why later. It's going to be only a morning-afternoon event on the 14th so all couples can still go out paktoh candlelight dinner that evening. See we so thoughtful right, you're very welcome wtf. 


The Venue

So there is going to be 2 events which obviously needed 2 venues. For the first venue, we were unable to secure it with a deposit early this year because they do not take deposit until mid year where they review the wedding packages. In other words, up the prices. Sigh. We will be receiving the reviewed package and fingers-crossed it won't be too much of a difference. 


We've managed to secure our second venue which is this Chinese restaurant back in Klang, this would be for our reception. I was talking to my dad a few days back and he said he went there for a family friend's wedding dinner recently and... wait for it... the food sucked real bad. Hohoho can things get anymore worse? Wtf. I guess the only thing to do now is to grill and pressure the manager kaokao during tasting making sure everything is good during the day. 


Since we haven't managed to officially secure Venue 1 I won't reveal where it is - never underestimate the power of The Jinx wtf. But second one ok :D




It didn't take us long to decide as there's only a handful of restaurants in Klang that you can hold a wedding reception in. I've had dimsum in this place once and thought the food was pretty good, so was the way the interior looked. But of course serving dishes on a normal business hour and serving banquet for 500 people is completely different so it's no surprise if they only do better in one of it. Haih can only hope for the best.


The Photographer

With so many options out there obviously I didn't have a clue who to go for. Pictures alone don't describe how well the photographers work during the day. So the wedding planner asked me to send her a few  wedding pictures I like and from there she quickly concluded with the style of photography I like and suggested 4 that are good in that sort of photography. I have to say that it was extremely helpful because photographs are really the only memory of the day you can keep so it's best to go with one that are good at capturing moments the way you like. You don't want to look at your album 5-10 years later and cringe at it.


Wk and I really liked this one particular photographer but unfortunately, for 2 days his rate was out of our budget. So the plan was to get him to do a half day shoot on the 14th since the event is going to be only half the day anyway and I'll get someone cheaper to do the 15th which is going to be a full day event. The event on 14th is the only one which means the most to me so it only makes sense to go for my favourite.


Well guess what? Photographer got back to me saying because Valentine's Day is a "hot day", he doesn't do half day, only full day. Unless I take him to do full day on 15th, he won't agree to only do half day on the 14th.


I'm not a Valentine's Day person to start with. This only made me detest the day 3765249x more because it gives everyone the one and only fucking reason to add unnecessary charges to everything on a completely insignificant day where nothing historic happened, or nobody important died. It's just a stupid day where restaurant and florist owners (and photographers for this matter) are laughing heinously behind their cash counter because they can overcharge everything and everyone stupidly ignores the fact that everything is overpriced and pays for it anyway.


*takes a deep breath*


Ok. Sorry I digress. So after much consideration, even though it's not what we wanted, we decided to readjust our budget so that we can still afford him to do both days because the last thing I need, is to regret not going for the photographer I wanted right from the start. Again, we haven't secured him officially (getting my sister to do it for me) so I won't say who's this babai photographer. 


And apparently, I live in the stone age.




Sorry la when I left Malaysia 3 years ago there was no internet banking lor. Back in my time to do any transaction everyone still goes to the bank while clutching their bags tightly and look front back left right making sure no motorbikes around you wtf.


Thank goodness we're not doing any pre-wedding shoot anyway so that sort of allowed us to extend the budget for the photographer. I wasn't bothered to do it because I personally don't think they're nice. Why do we need to dress up in exaggerated gowns and suits and stand in the middle of a place which means nothing to us? Not forgetting posing awkwardly for it. I really don't get it. At the end of the day the album gets stashed somewhere and completely forgotten about. And this is quoting from a married woman who's been there done that - my mom.


I think the best wedding pictures are the ones you look genuinely happy in, like the ones taken on the actual day of the wedding? No need to think about posing and all that. And you get to share the moment with your family and friends and all these real emotions are captured which is so much more meaningful and memorable when you look back at it.

--

Ok this post is getting way too long so had to leave The Dress to the next post. This wedding business is like money-making scheme. So much cost for just a day. 


Be First to Post Comment !