Hello hello

on
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Super long time no blog!


Last blog post was in October 2014. And it's now February 2015. Wow Ee Von, you surely suck.


I do have many posts saved as draft. It's like every time I start doing a post, I seemed to never have enough time to complete it. So I save it hoping that I will find time to complete it and have it posted  some day but obviously I never got around to do as I intended to. Some of them have been sitting in my drafts for over 6 months. I also have a 2014 year-in-review kind of post drafted.


I think the problem with me is I care too much about what I blog about that it takes me ages to decide what pictures to put, which words to use, what to mention etc. Consequently I ran out of time to complete it and then just proceed to leave it sitting in my drafts. This is bad. It's encouraging me to do things half-assed and procrastinate more, agree?


Soooo. My goal this year is stop drafting things. If I open my blogspot page and intend to blog, I will hit "Publish" in the end regardless. Worst scenario just put 'to be continued' hahaha.


We're flying off tomorrow midnight. I can't believe how quickly time has passed! Yah I know sounds super cliched but really lor, didn't feel like it was too long ago when we bought our air tickets ok. And we still have so much to do for the wedding it's not even funny. When we arrive, we only have exactly 1 week before the big day!!!


I don't think I've mentioned this before but basically, there will be 2 events. I know most of you will think bride's family reception and groom's family reception.


Wrong. 


Event number 1 is basically a ceremony followed by lunch reception. Event number 2 is the traditional Chinese pick-up-bride, tea ceremony and banquet dinner reception. To be practical, most Chinese couple will only need event number 2. 


Here is the story behind why there has to be 2 events.


For me, my dream wedding is to be able to walk down the isle with my dad/parents, say my vows to my future husband, exchange rings, and walk out of the isle as husband and wife. There's something beautiful about it that I cannot explain. 


So we looked for venues which has a place for us to do this ceremony plus have a banquet dinner after because a banquet dinner is one of my parents' requirements. There aren't many options in Klang that we like. In fact, there probably aren't any? And again, it's my parents' requirement that the dinner has to be in Klang because that's where most of our guests are from. 


We found venues that we like and they are mostly in KL. If we were to have the ceremony in KL and dinner in Klang, it would just be too much of rushing in one day. So we decided to do 2 days. And since people are coming all the way to attend our ceremony, we might as well have lunch. And also since this ceremony is what I wanted, it's only fair that we pay for it ourselves and not our parents. It's a very small event with less than 60 people, they're mainly our immediate family and closest friends. 


We wish we could invite more but frankly, we cannot afford to. Inviting people is not something you can just do without much consideration. What if the person you are inviting doesn't know anyone else there? Or what if you invite this person, you somehow have to invite the whole group of people and you don't have the financial capability to? So for anyone out there who easily gets offended when you're not invited to a friend's event, please stop being an insensitive prick by making the host feel bad for not inviting you. Thankfully none of my friends are like that. Or maybe I will get it AFTER the wedding? Who knows. 


"Eh why you didn't invite me?", now THIS is offensive - thinking you can decide on how we should spend our money.


I've been doing a lot of DIY lately for Event 1. Event 2 is in a Chinese restaurant which usually covers a lot of things like simple decoration, invitation etc so there really isn't much that we need to organize. But because we're basically hiring only a venue in Event 1, things like decoration has to be outsourced. 


One of the things I decided to DIY was our invitation. Since the invitation was for only 60 people, I thought I'll be fine hand making them. I did get a quote and to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was willing to pay for someone to design something that isn't quite what I wanted. 


Here's the final invitation that has been sent out to our guests.



Sharp corners for this one here who prefers it like that :P see, you so special ah!



Rounded corners for everyone else


If I have time I will do another post on the 'evolution' of this invitation. It took me a while to finally settle with this. Except for the main invitation wordings that was printed, everything else were handmade, handwritten and hand-painted. 


Ok time to go. 





Be First to Post Comment !
kristin said...

Wow u handmade the invitation card? That's very nice! Congrats to u & WK :) I've been following your blog since year 2006/2007 (I guess?) Can't wait to read more about your wedding!

Ee Von said...

Hello Kristin, thank you for your support and well wishes, and I'm sorry I have been such a terrible blogger haha! I hope to be able to blog more this year :)