Mint Chocolate Chip

on
Friday, September 18, 2009
My pink thang finally arrived a few days ago! It was such a smooth deal and the delivery was pretty quick. Anyhow, I only got to see it virtually so not too sure about how good it works. Looks really pretty though!

#197


Can't wait to see/touch/use it! Next Tuesday ;-)

Also, I've been wanting to create a mint chocolate chip inspired eye makeup for quite some time but never got around to finding the perfect mint green eyeshadow. Firstly, don't have the time to go shopping. Secondly, not bothered to spend a bomb honestly. So I looked into my 88 palette (its a palette with 88 colours I bought online a while ago) and was experimenting and ta daahhh! I discovered it! I was mixing all the colours I thought could possibly produce a mint green shade that I wanted but failed for a few times. Until yesterday! It's baby blue and lime green!!!

I know if I search in YouTube I'll find tonnes of the tutorials but if I view those tutorials I might just get influenced into following it so I rather not and find ways to do it my way.

I almost wanted to go get the Majolica Majorca's mint green eyeshadow I saw the other day at Watsons. I tried on their shadows and was quite impressed at how pigmented and soft to the touch they are. I checked the price and woah. Definitely too pricey for a drugstore brand.

But it's ok since I discovered the trick in getting mint green! I think this has probably got to do with my art background. I used to go to art classes since I was 6 or 7 till Form 5. I wasn't good at drawing at all but I loved painting a lot. I love colours. I guess that's why I kinda know which colour I should be looking at to mix and get what I want.

This is really weird you see. My dad works as erm... I don't know how to put it into words but anyways, he deals with paintings. Basically he started off from my grandma's business of making frames for pictures and mirrors (its a family business now btw, most of my uncs and aunts are doing it), and then he expanded his business into supplying stocks, selling paintings and galleries. And I love art since I was a kid. I'm not saying I'm good at art, but its quite obvious to tell if a person has... a sense of art? if you know what I mean. Its either he/she can draw/paint/visualise/imagine well, or none at all. Its not like studies, some people are extremely smart, some are just average, some just fail all the time. So I always have this mindset that my interest in art all came from my dad.

And as for my musical skills (though not that great YET), I probably got it for my mom. I know not many people knows this (or maybe most do judging by my countless karaoke sessions) but... the truth is I actually love singing a lot. And should I say I am blessed with a good ear which makes me have the ability to sing in tune? And my mom used to be a singer (now you know!)! So did I get that from her too? And its funny how it runs in the family! I was training my sis for her upcoming piano exam the other day and there's this part for an aural test where she has to sing in la-s in echo to a short tune I play on the piano. I was so impressed because she could sing in tune, every freakin' note! None of my student at her age could do that at all! I sometimes think some of my students are tone deaf and to teach them, its not even funny anymore. And it's really sad to be tone deaf you know? Music is such a beautiful thing.

So anywaaaaaaaay, crapped too much.

Back to that green mint chocolate chip eye makeup, I finally wore it out today.

#198




Also did a tutorial but no, I don't think I'm gonna post it up simply because... don't feel like it haha.









Ok. Fine. It's because I speak funny in the video. Funny as in I freakin' faked the American accent. HAHAHAHA! Well, just for the fun of it ;-P And no you will not find it in my channel (if you do try searching oh yes I know some of you will) cos I didn't upload. HAHA.

Ok bye.


Be First to Post Comment !