Life of Pi - Yann Martel

on
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Anyone noticed my "Currently Reading" column has one book taken off?

Bet no one did, cos I just only took it off HAHA. Ok not funny.

Anyway, yes I've finished Life of Pi finally! Aileen are you reading this? Haha. And I must tell you, IT IS SUCH A FREAKIN' GOOD BOOK!!!

Ohmigosh I can't describe how moved and... amazed I was with it. I simply cannot find the right word to describe how I feel about it. It's a mixture of inspired, moved, awed and all that. And at the beginning I was complaining so much about how boring it was. Seriously the first half (or maybe a third) was so freakin' boring I almost wanted to give up and start on other books. I was like what the hell, why the hell this book is a bestseller and why the hell it's a winning book for some dunno what booker prize? But oh well, everynight before I sleep I thought "Ok let's just give this another try" for a few nights and finally, it got interesting somewhere in the middle - when the ship sank.

I'm not going to start reviewing this book besides telling you readers that it's 'good' cos I suck at reviewing and my review will totally do no justice to how great and well-written this book is. I tried telling the story to Wk earlier in the afternoon and all he did was, "I don't see the point..." and "Huh, like that also can ah?" or "Hrm... why must he do that?"........zzzzz........

I was so excited that I wanted to excite him as well but he totally didn't get the whole point of the story. That proves how bad I am with words.
...

Either that, or he sucks. HAHAHHA.

So anyway, I'm both happy and sad that I've finished a book. Happy cos yay can go on to another book. Sad cos... I don't know if it's just me or what, but whenever I finish something be it books or a soap or a tv show series, I always get this 'empty' feeling after that. It's like... ok I'm done so what's next? And somehow I won't be as interested in other books/tv shows anymore given that the book/show that I previously read/watched, was really good. But yeah, I'm continuing on the other 2 books now.

I am totally anticipating for the movie! I heard it's directed by Ang Lee. It better be good! Well, seeing that it's Ang Lee, I'm putting high expectation on it.

Ok gotta go practice now. Oh yah good news good news!!! I totally saved RM500 cos I managed to get my university's letter to prove that the language of instruction was in English so now I can be exempted from IELTS!!! Ok what's bothering me now is that freakin' audition recording haih.
Be First to Post Comment !