Escada Summer Fragrances

on
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I have a LOOOOOOONG story to share! I don't really care if anyone reads this but I feel the need to write this down somewhere. Its an extremely long story of my encounters with Escada fragrances.

So the other day I was out with Cat in the mall and she was looking for a new perfume to try. We went into Sasa and tested out a few. That was when I noticed the Harajuku perfumes! I was so excited when I saw them in magazines but could never know where to find those! Oh my gosh I almost wanted to get G and Lil' Angel (smells absolutely sweet!) but I still wanted to try others cos I know there are 5  (or 6? Idk) of them but the Sasa I went had only 3. So we went to Metrojaya to see if there's any Harajuku around. 

That's when we passed by Escada and I saw a familiar bottle. 

If you guys don't know already, Escada has a series of summer limited edition fragrances. These fragrances are usually packaged in similar designs and has fruity floral scent, depending on what the notes are.

About 4 years ago, I first tested Escada's Sunset Heat when I was in Melbourne and fell instantly in love with it. I came back and purchased the 100ml bottle of it immediately. At that time, I didn't know it's a limited edition product. 
“The smell of summer sunset. A floral fruity fragrance.”
"... has notes of papaya, lemon, mango sherbet, pineapple mousse, watermelon, peach lotus flower, hibiscus, sandalwood, musk and amber."

When I finished it I wanted to get a new bottle. Only then I was told it was a limited edition fragrance. I was heart broken because I loved it so freaking much. It was my utmost favourite perfume if you must know, kinda like my signature scent already.

The SA told me about a new perfume which is similar to Sunset Heat, Ocean Lounge. I saw the bottle and it did look similar to Sunset Heat's except that the colour's different. I tested it and knew it was similar but nothing as great as Sunset Heat. It was a nice scent but not something that made me go 'Aaahhhh' like Sunset Heat did. I purchased it anyway because I loved Sunset Heat so much and since it's not available, anything similar will do. I only took the 50ml one cos I wasn't, still am not THAT into it but I do like it.
"... a floral fruity fragrance for women. Ocean Lounge is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2008. Top notes are litchi, plum, pear nectar accord and strawberry meringe accord; middle notes are violet petal sorbet aromas, mimose blossom and jasmine; base notes are amber, sheer vanilla and teak wood."

Ok now back to the story of me and Cat at Metrojaya. I passed by an Escada counter and stopped and looked at the bottle. It was a new fragrance of course and the SA told me if I would like to try it. I was skeptical at first. I had given up looking for something that's as good as Sunset Heat a long time ago but I agreed to try it anyway since it wouldn't hurt or cost a thing.

The moment I smelled it I gasped so loudly and said "THIS ONE" to my friend, my eyes almost bulging out along with my excitement. Shocked by my stupid excitement, she sniffed and said "Your scent!" lol! I told you, it became my signature scent. I bought the 100ml of it immediately haha.

It's called Marine Groove and it has a scent ALMOST IDENTICAL to Sunset Heat! I initially thought it was exactly the same but when I went home and smell my Sunset Heat again (I think I still have like about 10 drops of it which I've never intended to finish cos I love it sooooo much) and they're slightly different but Marine Groove has that kinda "aaaaah" feeling to it, if you know what I mean! Lol.
"Marine Groove, the evocative new limited-edition fragrance from Escada. The scent is a blend of fruity overtones and floral undertones creating a fresh, modern fragrance that evokes the spirit of summer. The notes for the fruity floral scent include passion fruit, peony, jasmine and musk."

The orange bottle's Sunset Heat, which is almost empty -10 drops maybe. Middle is Ocean Lounge, which I've had for a year or 2 now but as you can see, I don't really care for it lol. In the right, Marine Groove which is my absolute now! =D

I know it's a long story but I had to write it down! If you've read up till here, I seriously thank you so much for even being interested in my boring story lol.

FYI, I only started wearing perfume and be interested in them 4 years ago so if Escada has came up with similar scents or their summer fragrances were once not packaged or made to smell this way, I wouldn't have known.

What happened to Harajuku? I didn't get it of course! But eventually will cos I love the scent and the packaging! Not all though, so far only G and Lil' Angel captivated me. And Cat, she picked up Calvin Klein's Eternity, which is really popular but I think maybe it's because it's my mom's scent (she has like 3-4 empty bottles of it lining up in her vanity o_O), it kinda turns me off haha. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but it's just not my cup of tea.

Anyone has any perfume stories to share? =D
Be First to Post Comment !