My poor twitter followers and Facebook friends (who check updates quite constantly) would have suffered from my rant spams the past 2 days.
Let me just share a story.
Right when I finished SPM, my dad urged me to look for a part time job while waiting for results. He strongly suggested asking the principal at the music centre I've finished learning at, and see if they needed a part time teacher. I wasn't keen but asked anyway, and a few days later she told me there's a slot. A teacher was away for medical reasons for a week so she asked if I could take over her lessons for that week which I of course agreed to since it's only a week. I won't deny at that time, all I see was actually the money, wasn't so much about getting the experience. True enough, I was ecstatic when the money came. It was my very first salary from working outside and it was actually quite a big amount considering I worked for only a week of a few days and few hours each day.
A few weeks later my principal called me back and told me the teacher I was previously relieving, her condition has turned quite serious and she's not fit to teach anymore and asked if I would like to take over the teacher's place permanently as a full time teacher. Speaking of which, I wonder how she's doing now... Her name was Teacher Amy and I was told she had a lump in one of her arms so she couldn't play the piano anymore unless she undergoes a surgery. Isn't that so sad? We all know surgeries doesn't promise a 100% cure.
Anyway. Since I didn't have much to do anyway and knowing my dad, he would nag me the whole day if I were to stay at home not doing anything so I agreed.
Anyway. Since I didn't have much to do anyway and knowing my dad, he would nag me the whole day if I were to stay at home not doing anything so I agreed.
And that was how I kickstarted my job in teaching music.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment