Life as of late

on
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
... hasn't been the greatest. If there's one thing I really want to do and can afford to do now, it'll be moving out. A few days ago while crying silently in the toilet, memories stirred and quickly I realised how days in uni when I was away from home were probably one of the best times of my life. All I want to do now, is work my way towards leaving home once again.

Distance does make the heart fonder I can assure everyone. And I am not only speaking for girl-guy relationships. For my parents and myself, I think only distance can tame the stiffness of the relationship we share now.

A recent gathering. Clockwise L-R: Esther, Cat, Chooi Yin & Sam.

A recent celebration, my grandma's birthday. Pictured here are almost all of my cousins (the grandchildren) . I'm not in the picture because I looked too cool I need to be cropped but you can still see my cool hands at the far right.

The ones pointed with an arrow are future cousins (grandchildren) in law, and circled in red are one of my cousins' daughters, the great-grandchildren? Is that how you call it? And how are they called in relation to me? Second cousin? 

Uncles and aunts, all of my grandma's children including their spouses.

Grandma and 2 of her sons (my laopeh at the right). Another uncle passed away 2 years ago.

My grandma's hottest granddaughter period.

Ok that is all for today. No excitement to write about anything.

Btw, I'm almost done with Eat, Pray, Love. I know, "omg Ee Von the last time I heard you talking about that book was 10 years ago you're not done?". Sorry, haven't exactly had the mood to read. But I'm glad I'll be on time for the movie.

As I read it I feel like I've been following Elizabeth around on her adventure and now that I'm left with only 10ish pages I don't feel like I want to finish reading it :(  

Everytime I finish reading something really good I'll get this weird empty feeling. It's like losing something, or a really close friend just left for somewhere. It takes me a really long to complete a book but at least I feel like I'm still on an adventure just cos I'm not at the end yet, you know what I mean?

Do you get this kinda weird reactions when you read?

Be First to Post Comment !
Gypsy On The Move said...

"..hottest granddaughter period" - Is this certified by your gandma? *raised eyebrow* HAHAHAHA!
I just only start to "board" on the journey of Eat, Pray, Love.
Hopefully it's good. Well, I got the whole "lost" feeling when I ended the last book of Harry Potter. It was like the mourning period for me for like 2 weeks. =(

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures :)

ellie-walker.blogspot.com

Ee Von said...

Shin Dhee: so i'm not alone! that weird feeling after completing a book :/ i think you'll like the book! the movie looks really good, can't wait to watch it :D

ellie: thank you!

Tea Joeli said...

cute blog:)
http://www.thebrunetteworld.com/

xxx