since I first came to Melbourne.
Has it been a good year? I don't know but I will definitely celebrate the things I've learnt, the changes I've gone through, the changes I've made to myself as a person. It was definitely good to be able to reunite with my other half after 4 years of long distance relationship. We were planning and we were hopeful with everything in the future eventhough we weren't sure if it would work. Well, half worked, half didn't.
There were two things I wanted when I decided to come here - PR and a job. After almost a year, I'm really glad my PR application was approved. With PR, I can stay here indefinitely with Wk while he works and build his career, while I can work without limitations too as well as figuring out what I want as a career. We no longer have to stay apart. Sadly, I still have not gotten a job due to being a full time student now. I came here as a tourist thinking I could convert my visa when we apply for PR. Plans had to be changed when we found out I couldn't apply while I'm holding a tourist visa, I needed to at least be on a student visa. It led me to enrol in a course which I've never wanted to talk about because of many petty reasons. I figured since it's been a year here and after going through so many circumstances, I'm finally feeling comfortable to mention it.
I'm currently a full time student doing a Diploma of Beauty Therapy. The course goes on for a year. You may wonder, what does a beauty therapist do? Nothing related with music that's for sure. A beauty therapist performs all services related to beauty which include waxing, manicure, pedicure, body massage, facial, makeup, spa and aromatherapy.
Music is a part of my life, I didn't want to waste time and money on a music course or a school that is not decent. Even if I am qualified to enter a good university to do a Masters
degree, I couldn't afford to pay the fees as an international student. I'm too old to be taking money from my parents and I have 3 other siblings who need the money more than me.
What I needed was something affordable, short in duration and I have interest in. I initially only took it as a stepping stone to my PR application as ultimately, I don't want to abandon music. I wanted to do makeup but was told it's not offered to international students at that time. Instead, I was convinced to do beauty therapy and switch to makeup when it's available, which they presumed wouldn't be long. When I had the chance to switch finally, I decided to stick with beauty therapy. Simply because I was half way into the course already (6 months) and it would be a waste to not finish it when I'm that close. Besides, I think it has a better career prospect than makeup, it makes me more marketable/employable, and I somehow became interested in it. I still have interest in makeup but I guess the timing was just not right.
I should be finishing before August this year and I have no idea what's in store for me but I have made plans for what to do after this. Now what's left is to hope everything works out fine.
Nothing comes easy, I get it. I just have to keep trying my best.
Some random food pictures, as always.
It's a breakfast place at North Melbourne. It seems to have garnered quite some good reviews and ratings but honestly, I find it so-so. Can't remember what's that roll called, it was a weekend special. Most people praised their sweets. The red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting was again, so-so.
Homemade Katsudon
The first time I made Katsudon my pork was as tough as old boots because I didn't know how long I should deep fry them for. This time, it was good but I wished it could be a little bit more tender.
Had lunch here after an interview because it was only 2 train stops away. Great place during those laksa-craving days. Their teh tarik is seriously fawesome! Nothing I've tried in Malaysia was as good.
Beautiful night sky view with 2 stars. Can you spot the crescent moon?






Be First to Post Comment !
you'll do just fine, i know you will. stay strong and positive!
*hugs*
OMG~ the laksa looks freaking good! saw a mussle inside ah... hehe yumz!
Congrats for getting ur PR!!! I'm sure you'll do fine. All the best~
BTW very random lor suddenly switched to food. LOL~
plue: thanks heaps plue *hugs* x
Melisa: heh?? no mussels, haha it's a roasted duck laksa actually :P
dorcas: thanks a lot dorcas! :) hahaah aiya dowan sound too serious ma
Post a Comment